Firefox

edited April 2007 in Science & Tech
When I try to open Firefox via my desktop shortcut, I keep getting this error:

This program must close to allow a previous installation attempt to complete. Please restart.

Everytime I try to restart, the same error occurs when clicking on Firefox.

Comments

• ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited April 2007
    Have you tried uninstalling Firefox and reinstalling it?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    I had that same error on my work computer because it performed an auto update and I didn't have admin privileges to allow the program to finish the install of the newer version. Make sure you have those rights...
  • edited April 2007
    RWB wrote:
    I had that same error on my work computer because it performed an auto update and I didn't have admin privileges to allow the program to finish the install of the newer version. Make sure you have those rights...

I have full admin rights on my pc, but even after an uninstall, I keep getting the same error. Any other ideas please?
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited April 2007
    In your task manager close xpicleanup (there may be more than one). I'm not exactly sure what it is or does, but it has something to do with Firefox and whenever I close them (I have the same problem as you in Vista), Firefox will load again. Hope that works.
  • edited April 2007
    In your task manager close xpicleanup (there may be more than one). I'm not exactly sure what it is or does, but it has something to do with Firefox and whenever I close them (I have the same problem as you in Vista), Firefox will load again. Hope that works.

I'm assuming you are referring to the processes runnning xpicleanup. If so, that process is NOT running. Although, I have seen it before. I'm runnning XP Professional. I'm lost here...lol.:D
  • aljaare7aljaare7 Palestine
    edited April 2007
    what is your version of it ?

any way i advice you to use internet explorer 7 its very good i was before using firefox but after downloading internet explorer 7 i turned to it

my regards
  • edited April 2007
    aljaare7 wrote:
    what is your version of it ?

any way i advice you to use internet explorer 7 its very good i was before using firefox but after downloading internet explorer 7 i turned to it

my regards

I was using version 2.0. something, I'm now using IE 7. I just dont like the layout of IE 7, its not very user friendly. Anyway, I just went ahead and uninstalled Firefox altogether. Is IE7 really as good as Firefox now?

Thanks for the replies.
    ;)
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited April 2007
    If you are happy with IE then use it. I really like Firefox much better. If you still want to try Firefox, and you are having problems, why don't you try their forums for help...I am sure they will be only to glad to help you. Give it a go, its worth a try anyway...
  • edited April 2007
    ronbo wrote:
    If you are happy with IE then use it. I really like Firefox much better. If you still want to try Firefox, and you are having problems, why don't you try their forums for help...I am sure they will be only to glad to help you. Give it a go, its worth a try anyway...

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I've got it working again.

Thank you very much.
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited April 2007
    Glad to hear you were successful :thumbsup::thumbsup: