Updating Nero?

PolockPolock Byron, IL.
edited June 2003 in Science & Tech
With the site back up and in capable hands, I better start my dumb questions once again. The vacation is over...:D

Just got a retail v5.5.9.8 of Nero Burning ROM and the Cd is loadd with goodies. May be too much for this noob, but learnun is the what I like best. First off, I'ld like to update all the apps to the most recent version, but directions are scant.:(

To install the new update, do you need to remove the old version first, or is it like ZAP...install on the existing version?

Always had ECDC from Roxio, but Nero seems to have the answer to most anything.

Thanks for any help,

Polock

Comments

• karatekidkaratekid Ogdensburg, NY
    edited June 2003
    There should be an upgrade option in the setup.
  • trippintrippin Chatt, TN
    edited June 2003
    Yes, nero would have to be my favorite burning software, you can do pretty much anything with it. For cd copying/emulation i like Alcohol 120%. As to updating nero, im sure they release update patches for thier retail software just go check out thier website http://www.nero.com .
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited June 2003
    Dude, update it to 5.5.10.38, go and download it from the website. When it installs the new version, it will uninstall the old version and then install the new version.
  • PolockPolock Byron, IL.
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by danball1976
    Dude, update it to 5.5.10.38, go and download it from the website. When it installs the new version, it will uninstall the old version and then install the new version.

:cool: That's the answer I was lookin' for...Nero has become noobie friendly:D

v5.5.10.38 has already been downloaded, but I searched all over nero.com for the update installation procedure without a clue. Found that very strange...usually that type of info is all over.

I gotta check into the program again for an update option hidden somewhere within.

Thank you so much for the help,

Polock
    edited June 2003
    Opened up Nero and still couldn't find an option for upgrading :(

If it does exist, could someone please lay down some bread crumbs? :confused:

POlock
  • karatekidkaratekid Ogdensburg, NY
    edited June 2003
    Went into Windows just for you ;)

Just start the install program, push next once or twice, and you should see this screen.
    edited June 2003
    Wow,kk...that was the whole loaf of bread.

Now that I've pulled my head outta my a--, I understand what you said before. I was looking in the opened Nero program for the update option, not the install program.

Suppose I get the ijut award for the day :)

I owe you a cold one for all the effort :D

Cherrio,

Polock
    edited June 2003
    I'm embarrassed at how easy upgrading Nero Burning RO and InCD was after I got my ducks in a row.

Thanks a bunch Gentlemen.

Found the same graphic in the help file, karatekid. For some reason the help in version 3.34 wasn't complete...didn't open correctly.

It even recognized the Mt Ranier capabilities of my Cd-RW. Got the feeling I'm going to enjoy Nero:D

Thanks again,

Polock
    edited June 2003
    According to TDK, my TDK 420n 4x DVD+RW supports Mt Rainier, but nero says otherwise
    edited June 2003
    According to TDK, my TDK 420n 4x DVD+RW supports Mt Rainier, but nero says otherwise

Which version of InCD do you have installed?

I did not upgrade all the way to version 4 just because they haven't completed the compatabilty list as yet...or something of that acord:)

Polock
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by Polock

Which version of InCD do you have installed?

I did not upgrade all the way to version 4 just because they haven't completed the compatabilty list as yet...or something of that acord:)

Polock

Don't have InCD installed yet, just Nero
    edited June 2003

Don't have InCD installed yet, just Nero

That's the program that will identify Mt Ranier support...pretty sure.

There is a check box to enable/disable a format with CD-MRW with InCD. CD=MRW is the Mt Ranier formatting terminology.

Polock
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Realistically thats probably true as Nero itself would have no use for MtR, but it would be a huge part of InCD. But saying that, Nero really should still ID it properly.

NS
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by NightShade737
    Realistically thats probably true as Nero itself would have no use for MtR, but it would be a huge part of InCD. But saying that, Nero really should still ID it properly.

NS

You may be right Nightshade...this is my first round with Nero and being a novice to boot doesn't help.

The only reason it came to me was during my first format, I used CD-MRW (the default) and took me 2 days trying to figure out what it meant. help file did wonders, after I found it;)

Can be a bit daunting when your a rookie:D

Polock
    edited June 2003
    I asked TDK in an email about the 420n 4x DVD+RW supporting MtRainier Tech, and got an e-mail a day later saying that it supports it right out of the box, however, the nero infotool has the MRW box cleared
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Its probably just too new for Nero to currently support it, just wait for another Nero update. Nero doesnt use MTR anyway.

NS