How many computer do you have on your network?

trippintrippin Chatt, TN
edited June 2003 in Science & Tech
I have 8 computers on my network.
6 wired desktops and 2 wireless (802.11b) laptops.

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    4 and a Router (Not got a Buddah board for my Amiga to plug in a Nic yet).

NS
  • karatekidkaratekid Ogdensburg, NY
    edited June 2003
    Can you have a one computer network?

I have 2 comps and a PS2 :)
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I have 4 at the moment. Going to add a 5th and 6th soon (pick up one of the older dual proc compaq/hp servers and a laptop)
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    My parents already complain about this one computer in my room, they just seem to hate me using them.... heh, but I know they are just envious.... :P

NS
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited June 2003
    I voted 4-5 as I hope to have 5 up by next weekend. It's been killing me to have 3 computers in boxes and not running. :D
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    I have 4, my router can't hold anymore, so that means I'm going to have to invest in a hub when my next rig gets up. And with it summer, its going to get pretty darn hot in my room.
  • trippintrippin Chatt, TN
    edited June 2003
    Clutch, you can find hubs for next to nothing. Everyone wants to upgrade to switches, I got my 16 port hub for FREE. Just uplink it to my Linksys switch / ap.
  • FlintstoneFlintstone SE Florida
    edited June 2003
    I've got 5 hard wired desktop/servers and 1-802.11b Lappy.

Clutch, you should be able to pick up a 4 or 5 port switch for next to nothing on Ebay. I bought a new one for $26 US at Office Depot for a friend about 3 months ago and they're all over the place. Don't bother with an hub. Get a switch. You'll be happy you did.

Flint
    edited June 2003
    I was thinking a switch to start off with, but I didn't know the prices were so low. And I knew that hubs were basically nothing now, so I was going that route. Thanks for the input guys, I'll look around for a switch when I need to extend my network.
  • hitokirihitokiri NYC
    edited June 2003
    Two desktops and one laptop here as well as a Xbox. Hopefully another desktop is in the near future. ;)
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited June 2003
    I have just one, my computer.
  • Darren909Darren909 Canada
    edited June 2003
    I got 2 pc's on my network. but my stupid ISP keeps calling me and telling me ive gone over there download limit by 40GB. i have 4 other pc's in my garage that are just collecting dust. i was going to start a network with all of them but 2 is enuff for me.
    i got a ps2 and a xbox. so im quite happy at the moment.
    edited June 2003
    Instead of collecting dust, ever thought about folding?
  • Darren909Darren909 Canada
    edited June 2003
    i dont know what folding is
  • edited June 2003
    oh geez you shoulda never said you didn't know what it is darren. anyways i've got atleast 4 on my network at a time. 2 hardwired and 2 wireless. That number jumps whenever I have friends over cause they've got their laptops they connect wirelessly to.
  • edited June 2003
    four here, soon to be five. the fifth will be a storage area network thing (fileserver for you non-buzzword literate folks) with raid one and the like.
  • GeeksterGeekster LaFayette, GA
    edited June 2003
    I have four as well; my two desktop rigs, the lappy which I use on wireless 802.11b, and my dad's rig.
  • JPPJPP Stuttgart Germany
    edited June 2003
    I use a server for DSL and 2 PC´s are connected to it.
    JPP
  • imported_polarys425imported_polarys425 Harrisonburg, VA
    edited June 2003
    i currently have a total of 8, 5 of which are at my desk, 1 in the kids room, and the girl friends. the other is on loan to a friend.
  • edited June 2003
    just my 2, one in my room, one in the room next to it
  • KeelhaulKeelhaul Göttingen, Germany
    edited June 2003
    Now that my server box died last night, I just have one =(
  • hprhpr :o hi o:
    edited June 2003
    heh, if all my rigs were to evar work at once.... i would have 6 :| 4 in my room, 2 in the family room :)
  • edited June 2003
    I've got six

Main
    Parents
    Brothers
    *nix server (was gentoo, now bsd)
    win2k3 server
    open bsd router (under construction)
  • Tweaked-Tweaked- Cinci., Oh.
    edited June 2003
    Currently I've got 8 rigs on a 4 port router and a 4 port hub connected to cable modem. That's at the house, at work we have well over 50 computers networked across 4 states.
  • kr4zkr4z Newfoundland, Canada
    edited June 2003
    I've got 4..

Family desktop (Athlon XP 1600+, Windows XP)
    My desktop (Athlon XP 2600+, Windows XP)
    My server (PII 400 Mhz, Slackware 9.0)
    My laptop (PI 233 Mhz, Slackware 9.0)

As well, I have enough parts lying around to make another computer.. but it would have no moniter and no hard drive :-/

As you can see, the majority of computer stuff becomes mine. :cool:
  • nenetnenet Home on the Range or Lakeside in Ozarks
    edited June 2003
    I should start folding, have 5, + spare parts for 2 more 1GHZ. Good to see site back up et all.

nenet
  • jdccbjdccb Mid-Atlantic USA
    edited June 2003
    When I'm at school I sometimes have two and at home there is three. When I'm home, it's four hooked up to a router, my PC, a work PC for my Dad, and two general usage.
  • edited June 2003
    iv got three all in my room.
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited June 2003
    i got 2 desktops, a little laptop, and does my xbox count?
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited June 2003
    I used to have 4 comps & 5 CPUs. Now I dropping down to 4 CPUs and either 2 or 3 comps - I haven't decided yet.

(A combo of Dual and single COU machines - I have 2 MSI K7D and 2 Epox's)