Lets make a case modification!

2»

Comments

• KilJaedenKilJaeden USA
    edited June 2003
    That should work. I don't think that I am quite done with it, but that is as far as I got. Now remember, IC's are complex, be sure what you are doing when you use them. Check your work twice or better yet three times, before hooking up the juice.
  • Red-DawnRed-Dawn Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited June 2003
    it doesn't look rite, i'll take a look at it tomorrow and see but it could be i'm just tired.

the 555 timer looks a bit wrong to me at the mo, as far as i remember there should be more conections when ur using it as a timer.

the fuse is a good idea, something i prob would have left out :|

when u show it connected to the cd-drive r u attaching it to the wires for the open tray button inside the drive or am i missing something
  • KilJaedenKilJaeden USA
    edited June 2003
    It is all connecting to were the old button was for the cd-rom drive. So it is like I took out the one little button and put in the circut. I didn't include in the schematic all of the leads for the timmer. I just put it like that to show pretty much how it will be connected in. I didn't even put in the ground. The schematic itself might be off a little. For instance, when you hit the button when it is extended, the light will automaticaly switch to green, it won't retract then wait.

Also, I am not quite sure about the switch.
  • KilJaedenKilJaeden USA
    edited June 2003
    Since this case mod will most likely be for my sister, I will not do the drawer or the special stealth for the cd-rom. I might not do any stealthing at all. That all depends on my sister. I should be starting the cutting very soon. The hold up is with my dad, our jig saw is at his work. He sometimes has to cut sections out of a chasis to make room for components, and they are expandind the lab section. Which he administers by the way. So cutting will begin shortly. I am going to document the whole procedure carefully. I will most likely do an article about cutting windows and such. I will submit it to the administrator here, in hopes it will make it to the article section on the site.
  • dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    Thatll be a sweet looking case.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
  • KilJaedenKilJaeden USA
    edited June 2003
    Thanks for your vote of confidence. I hope I won't disappoint. :D