Complete uninstallation of audio drivers

edited June 2003 in Science & Tech
Hello everyone!! Welcome back!

I love Icrontic, and I hate losers who hack it!

Anyway, on to my issue. I installed those beta drivers for the Sound Blaster Audigy. I did that about a month ago when I reinstalled Windows XP. Anyway, I disliked them because they sucked for anything except games, which is what they said they would do, but I tried them anyway. Well, it would seem I'm still having sound issues with my Sound Blaster Audigy. What I'm thinking is that even though I uninstalled the crap Beta drivers, there are still remnants floating around in that big-ole box that I call my computer. If someone might know how to uninstall and completely rid my computer of those drivers, please tell me as I am having problems in games and chatting with people on TS at that same time!

Thank you, and I love you all!

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2003
    ...gotten rid of the .inf files for the Audigy in C:\Windows\Inf?

...cleaned out the registry?

...cleaned out the Audigy dll's from C:\Windows\System32?

Be careful! You'll probably want to do a little research to make sure that the files you delete really ARE for the Audigy.

I would make a couple of folders named "old_inf" and "old_system32" and move the files first, just to be safe.

Prof
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2003
    You could just try re-installing your original audigy drivers again. That will probably overright any remnants of the faulty drivers you tried to install. But if that doesn't work you'll have to go through all of profdlp's suggestions.
  • MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    On the audigy 2 original install CD there is a file called "CTZAP" that will remove everything creative when you run it. I think they also have it on the support site to download too.

Hope it helps