Home theater PC

SpleenSpleen Northeast Florida
edited June 2003 in Community
Good to see you guys back!

Any chance that the missing part 5 of MediaMan's home theater PC article may ever see the light of day? I was eagerly following it, and setting funds aside to build it (or something very like it).

Take care guys!

Spleen

Comments

• edited June 2003
    Welcome Back Spleen!

http://www.short-media.com

Mediaman and others have setup home at that URL, while the two websites remain as seperate sites, we encourage you to check both ours and short-media's websites.

We have some interesting things going off here soon, and no doubt do they :)
  • KilJaedenKilJaeden USA
    edited June 2003
    When was this announced? If I had known that everyone went to this new site, then I would have been there posting the first day! I wasted a week doing school work! Oh well, I will start posting there now.
  • edited June 2003
    I think you need to read what I said again ;) I hardly think that everyone has gone over to the other site, quite the opposite.

Either way, we encourage you to visit BOTH sites :D
  • KilJaedenKilJaeden USA
    edited June 2003
    Well, it apears that most of the people from the old site are now at short-media, and most of them are here. I do not remember how many were on the old forums. The number 302 comes to mind, but I am not sure.
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    ;) had over 12,000 total members in those three years or so. Maybe five hundred active/semi active when the site went down.
  • KilJaedenKilJaeden USA
    edited June 2003
    HOLY SHIZNIT. I was way off.
  • edited June 2003
    hehe, I was suprised, anyway KilJaeden, kick back and post at Icrontic AND short-media, we want you here as well.

We mean that :)
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited June 2003
    oh man, so i just checked over at short-media, and i saw a lot more names there than i have here. is the suggestion right now, to be registered at both places? is there any consolidation plans of these two forums in the future?
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Nope, don't see anything at the time being.
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by drowd
    oh man, so i just checked over at short-media, and i saw a lot more names there than i have here. is the suggestion right now, to be registered at both places? is there any consolidation plans of these two forums in the future?

The folding team moved en-masse. They commited to move with shorty and MM when they decided to build their own site after we were hacked as they thoiught Icrontic was gone for good.

In the end Icrontic was sold to members in the forums who just didn't want Icrontic to die so we are commited to rebuilding it. The entire staff here is also old Icrontic guys and many of the mods are modding at both sites.

Actually more people then you think are in BOTH places. They opened their forums well before us and I think the total membership is about even now or we may of pulled in front which is amazing considering the entire brotherhood of the folding team moved. Shorty and MM are both good friends of mine and we at icrontic wish them the best and hope you will decide to simply add us both to your favorites and keep checking in.

Tex
  • KilJaedenKilJaeden USA
    edited June 2003
    I post at both places. I like them both. Even though most post over there, you still should post here aswell in order to keep Icrontic alive.
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by KilJaeden
    Even though most post over there,

And actually consider this...They have been open about twice as long as us. If you take out the 1000 posts they probably have in DC we are not doing so bad really. They will still have more posts but we now have a few more members and a good number of posts also.

I think both sites will do very well but have a slightly differant focus perhaps. A little differant look and feel but many of the same guys.

Cheers

Tex
  • KilJaedenKilJaeden USA
    edited June 2003
    I agree.
  • EnisadaEnisada Edmonton Member
    edited June 2003
    I'm happy here...:)
  • KilJaedenKilJaeden USA
    edited June 2003
    I can't lie. I love them both. I truely do. Maybe they both might merge in a couple years. IMO the sites will probably become closer and closer to the same thing overtime. Only the owners of both sites can alter this future.
    edited June 2003
    But its not a problem having them seperate really is it? Certainly you got room in your favorites for two more sites to visit.

I truthfully think both will do fine and they will do fine because they support each other. I think you will see more and more diferances in the site over time but there are good people in both places. You will notice all thru this thread I keep pimping for their site and saying go visit them ! Just asking you maybe visit both (grin) I run this site but posted in their storage forum also earlier today for Petes sake...

Tex