Options

Might of html help please?

edited June 2003 in Science & Tech
I know this isnt programming, but we dont have a web design forum...so...
<a href="http://www.klevin.com/v2"&gt;www.klevin.com/v2</a> is my new site design. I'll throw in some simple php shit to make the site usable soon...but for now, it looks semicrappy in IE (looks better but not perfect in firebird)...there are gaps between the table rows...anyone have any idea on how to make it work better? Comments/suggestions welcome...also, i am going to make the body chunk a set width due to the fact that when it is resizable it looks like poo.
-Kev

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Adding to what Meep said, put this at the top of every HTML document in the "HEAD" section somewhere (usually the bottom of the head section).

< link rel="stylesheet" href="SheetName.css" type="text/css" >

Then just put the style in the file in the format of -

maintext. {style="font-family: Arial, Verdana, Tahoma; font-size: 10px; color: #000000";}

Then to use it, in the html document -

< div class=maintext > Hello, I am written in the style defined in the sheet < /div >

NS
  • edited June 2003
    Yeah...i am using an external stylesheet as is....and i use the different classes for various reasons...yeah yeah..whatever
    but i got it to work with a bit of changing around what you guys told me to do (for it to work in IE, i needed to go with font-size: 0px;) and some other futzing around made the rest of it work.
    Thanks guys.
    Now for the php! ;)
  • edited June 2003
    hmm...I need more help and I dont see why to make another thread for the same subject so...Anyone have any idea on how to make the content table chunk extend to the bottom of the page without using a defined height or < br>'s? Frink's idea was to end the table like :

logo/navbar up here as is
    ________
    \ )
    content | + the same
    here | )
    ________/ } new

What do all of you think?