Problems with Vice City

xDeluxexxDeluxex DeLuxembourg
edited June 2003 in Gaming
dont get me wrong, vice city was a great game but it could have been alot better. there are little things that could have been added to make the game even better. for example the police should have had motor bikes, and there should be more variety of cars in certain areas. there were obviously other things, what do u guys think?

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    The beach should have had more use. It seemed to be there, but nothing special is ever done there.

Multiplayer - FFS, the game, regardless of its other faults, would have been made perfect with multiplayer, Im fed up with playing GTA2 multiplayer at peoples houses, it feels so crap compared.

Weapon Pickups - I wish that that went back to the old way of GTA1 and 2 that you dont have to get out of your car to pick up weapons and items, it made life so much easier.

Bikes - Its really annoying how cops can pull you off so easily, and the amount of times it had glitched, geez. But, they are still my favorite vehicle in the game.

I HATED the RC Helecopter mission, its driving me mad, I just cant get the controls right and keep crashing them.

Anyone know how to turn round using a Joypad? All I seem to be able to do is Strafe.

NS
  • xDeluxexxDeluxex DeLuxembourg
    edited June 2003
    its also annoying how the cops can get you busted if you are on a bike or in a car so easily but when you are walking they cant.
  • dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    Multiplayer mode would have made the best game ever even better.

Hopefully it will be in the next version.
  • xDeluxexxDeluxex DeLuxembourg
    edited June 2003
    does any one even know why there was no multiplayer? im sure they would have been able to make it with multiplayer.
  • edited June 2003
    Porting games is easier than doing any real work, though to be fair, they did make it a better port than the original GTA3
  • dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    does any one even know why there was no multiplayer? im sure they would have been able to make it with multiplayer.

I read somwhere that the developers were indecided on how to implement multiplayer features, and decided to keep it single player. Bit of a shame really.
    edited June 2003
    The multiplayer code is actually in the game, its just not active. Which is what the people at GTA3MTA are trying to access.

NS
  • dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    Lets hope they pull it off.

mD
    edited June 2003
    They have, its not perfect and has lots of things missing, but it works, fun for netplay.....

http://www.gta3mta.tk/

Its only GTA3 at the moment though.

NS