Who else has joined this Site 3 times?

edited September 2003 in Community
I've had to register at this site 3 times.

First Time when I first joined APU's Hardware.
Second Time after the site came crashing down.
Third Time after this latest Hack.

Comments

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I have had to register 3 times now as well.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    ditto.

NS
  • dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    Worth it tho :D

mD
  • DexterHolland911DexterHolland911 Hong Kong
    edited June 2003
    Definitely :D
  • Red-DawnRed-Dawn Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited June 2003
    third times a charm
  • karatekidkaratekid Ogdensburg, NY
    edited June 2003
    Three times here too. :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Same here... Although I never had a single post on apus, i was a LUUURKER
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited June 2003
    Ditto here too.
  • NYCDrewNYCDrew NYC(duh)
    edited June 2003
    Maybe it should become a tradition. Once a year everyone gets erased and has to register again. :P
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by NYCDrew
    Maybe it should become a tradition. Once a year everyone gets erased and has to register again. :P

Perish the hought of that.
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    i first registered after it was icrontic, I didn't even know about apus until much later, but i did have to register three times, first time in like aug. 2001, then the second time was early this year after mediaman accidentally deleted my account, and then of course now.
  • edited July 2003
    Only twice here, when I joined it was Icrontic..................apus?
  • edited July 2003
    phoboss- apus hardware was what icrontic used to be..then mort changed the name because a: it sounded more professional, and that's what we (staff) wanted it to be, adn b: cuz no one seemed to get the joke, 'apu's hardware' like apu from the simpsons...who owned the kwik-e mart.
    and yeah...3 times :D
  • edited July 2003
    Yep. APU's was a parody on the many tech sites around and then it became one. One of the best in many ways. If you wanted information on the Abit KT7 boards, Duron and TBird processors, this was the place.
  • kroffkroff Portoroz, Slovenia
    edited July 2003
    i've reged 3 times too ;-)

..it was because of Apus hardware that i bought my abit kt7 raid.
    (and this was my first pc (wintel) ..i've been using only Amigas until then)
    ..i mean i never seen a single motherboard with that kind of support.

great page ;-)
  • NYCDrewNYCDrew NYC(duh)
    edited July 2003
    I used to visit it back when it was Apu's occasionally and never made the connection when it changed to Icrontic that it used to be Apu's. DO'H!
  • JPPJPP Stuttgart Germany
    edited July 2003
    I can´t remember exactly but since I startet joining with APU´s I also must have registerd 3 times.
    JPP
  • edited July 2003
    Originally posted by mr.FU
    phoboss- apus hardware was what icrontic used to be..then mort changed the name because a: it sounded more professional, and that's what we (staff) wanted it to be, adn b: cuz no one seemed to get the joke, 'apu's hardware' like apu from the simpsons...who owned the kwik-e mart.
    and yeah...3 times :D

Thanks for the history!
    Now I know that theres more to Icrontics past than Ghetto mods :)
  • BruceYBruceY S. Jersey
    edited July 2003
    LOL hate being a newbie all over again 3 times here
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited July 2003
    I've registered twice.

January of this year is when I registered for the first time, but I had been coming to Icrontic for ages and had been visiting the forums for a while too.

As for Apu's Hardware. I had always seen it as Apus, so I thought it was pronounced like A-pus, it wasn't until a few months ago I found out Apus was really Apu's.
  • edited August 2003
    Oh, man.... I miss this place...

Me too, Apu's... then Icrontic... now back again...
  • d-rkerd-rker UK
    edited August 2003
    Originally posted by Cool Canuck
    Yep. APU's was a parody on the many tech sites around and then it became one. One of the best in many ways. If you wanted information on the Abit KT7 boards, Duron and TBird processors, this was the place.

i don't remember APU ,i registered after ( IcrontiC ) ,but can we bring it back ? ;)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    APUs
    Icrontic
    Icrontic after the Crash
    Icrontic after the Great Crash

Isn't that four times? Is my mind just exagerrating. Suffice it to say - here since the beginning.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    I think the membership DB was preserved during the move from Apu's to Icrontic, so it was only 3 sign ups for you old timers, Leo :) I signed up for Icrontic for the first time almost precisely one year ago.

Looks like Aran and the staff have some stuff cooking to make this year just as cool as the last one :) (sans crashes, I hope!)