HL2 Thread

edited August 2003 in Gaming
Come on, we gotta' start this one again...

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/123983.shtml
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife2/index.html
http://planethalflife.com/half-life2/

Can't WAIT to see Counter-Strike as a new mod...:D :D:D

Comments

• PeckersPeckers Sweden
    edited June 2003
    New interview with Gabe Newell!

http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=14716
  • ChilakChilak Over there ->
    edited June 2003
    It does look really good. The only thing is, unless they change and add some more features to the character, its going to be an almost complete repeat of the first one.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I doubt we will be seeing CS as a free mod for HL2 because valve is going to cash in on that motherfucker like crazy.
  • edited June 2003
    Originally posted by pigflipper
    I doubt we will be seeing CS as a free mod for HL2 because valve is going to cash in on that motherfucker like crazy.

Honestly, I think Valve is gonna' stay loyal to CS being free, it ain't gonna' be no Planetside...
  • PeckersPeckers Sweden
    edited June 2003
    I'm willing to bet my left nut that this will be the most sold FPS game ever.
    Many mods are already being developed, haven't seen any info about "CS2" though and I doubt it will be such a game, however mods very similar to CS will most likely be developed.
  • edited June 2003
    I heard CS was gonna be on the TF2 but isn' that just the source engine.? But anyway i think if CS does get released as a standalone retail game alot of people will still go out and buy it :)

But anyway i think HL2 will be a great game

On Doom ]I[ i think it will also be a great game but i also think its just going to be an engine seller aswell because most developer make most of their money out of licensing the engine.
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited June 2003
    half life 2 is gonna be incredible. I finally downloaded a 600 meg copy of the video they showed at E3, and i just keep watching it over and over again. its so fantastic. i think that particle-mover-thingy gun is gonna be so cool. not to mention they did such a good job with the eyes/retinas. i cant wait . . .
  • PyobliEPyobliE UK
    edited June 2003
    Does look amazing, cant wait.

Still remember when i completed HL for the 1st time, didnt do much till it was done :)
  • PyobliEPyobliE UK
    edited June 2003
    Lookin at the Half life 2 Vid: What spec Machine you think its gunna need? Those gfx look really nice, and pretty demanding... What ya fink?
  • Massive_gasMassive_gas Baghdad
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by PyobliE
    Lookin at the Half life 2 Vid: What spec Machine you think its gunna need? Those gfx look really nice, and pretty demanding... What ya fink?

700mhz
    TNT2

certainly not for the graphics seen in the vid, but it'll work.

Existence will come out for HL2, so w00t!! I love that mod.
  • PyobliEPyobliE UK
    edited June 2003
    God, thought the minimum would be higher than that. Guess i should be able to play it then :)
  • PeckersPeckers Sweden
    edited June 2003
    yeah DX6 gfx will be required, The E3 video was run with a 9800pro locked at 60 fps if I remember correctly.
  • edited June 2003
    Who'd want to run it with DX 6 though.. heh.. I don't even think you can download DX6 anymore (unless you happen across a software vintage site, or pull out some game from 96 or 97).

Im upgrading everything for this, WoW, and EQ2. Video card, RAM, and Proc.

Anyone had any complaints about the 5900 Ultra? :D
  • PeckersPeckers Sweden
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by Ninja-Kreon2
    Who'd want to run it with DX 6 though.. heh.. I don't even think you can download DX6 anymore (unless you happen across a software vintage site, or pull out some game from 96 or 97).

lol, of course game will scale from Direct X 9 system down to Direct X 6.

Originally posted by Ninja-Kreon2
    Anyone had any complaints about the 5900 Ultra? :D

besides that they "suck" in actual game performance? Sure they get some pretty impressive results in 3Dmark etc but we all know why.. and let's not even go into the 2D quality...
    I would (and probably will) go with a gfx based on the R300+ chip like the 9800.
  • batemanwasavampbatemanwasavamp Wilmette
    edited May 2020
  • edited June 2003
    Didn't know Vivendi published HL. >.<
  • edited July 2003
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited July 2003
    Yup lookin pretty gosh darn friggin SWEET!!! I wasnt a hege fan of the first, but this loox revolutionary. Guess it will come out around the same time as doom 3?
  • NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited July 2003
    This is the first time i've looked forward to a retail game (of any type) :)
  • edited August 2003
    Well i cant wait for HL2 my rig is all upgraded to the max apart from some more RAM. But I have to say i am ssooooooo glad i have a 9800 Pro and not a nVidia card.

Nikumba
  • NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited August 2003
    You know Valve fixed the texture clamping bugs, so it doesn't matter if you have an ATi or Nvidia card now for playing HL2. Both will work fine. :p

Unless you are glad for another reason...