PC-Cillin - Chinese ver?

PlecPlec UK
edited June 2003 in Science & Tech
I got PC-Cillin 2002 free with my mobo. I’ve installed it & it works fine – but all the help files are in Chinese :/

I’ve e-mailed Trend Micros but they just sent me to their support site, which has no info on how to make the default language English.

As all the help files are in Chinese on my version I’m stuck as to what to do next. I’ve re-installed & no matter what I do the end result is Chinese help files.

Does anyone know how to change the language to English as default – or have I been shipped with a Chinese version?

Plec

Comments

• dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    Learn Chineese, problem sorted :D

mD
  • PlecPlec UK
    edited June 2003
    That's looking more & more like the only solution. :)

I did a general search hoping to hit a forum with a similar thread. I didn't, but i did get some hits which seemed to verify that there are 2 versions one English & one Chinese.

In all the links i've read not one of them mentions a language conversion. So looks like i'll just have to use the basic setup.

Plec
  • dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    Do they have an english PDF manual on the site?

mD
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Make sure all your regional settings in the control panel are set to English.

NS
  • PlecPlec UK
    edited June 2003
    dydx, just looked for a PDF - no luck (thnx anyway - i hadn't thought to look.)

NightShade737, just double checked & everything is still set as English (UK) - I've even got it set for 'language for non-Unicode programs'. Thnx anyway.

I think i just have a Chinese version. The strange thing being, that if it is the Chinese version that the main GUI is in English & yet every thing else is in Chinese.

Plec
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Must be, had a look around and no-one else seems to have this problem. How very strange. Oh well.

Arnt the Help files on the CD somewhere? If they are you can just copy them accross, have a search for them.

NS
  • PlecPlec UK
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by NightShade737
    Arnt the Help files on the CD somewhere? If they are you can just copy them accross, have a search for them.

Wahey & Do'h!!!

Yes they are & thankfully they're in English - thanks NightShade737 (I should have really thought of that myself.).

I've un-installed/re-installed a few times & always clicked the UK options but each & every time it results in Chinese help files & my 'Scan Tasks' list being written in Chinese. Just makes no sense - but no matter, I should be able to work my way around it now :).

Thanks for the replies guys.

Plec