Sad day.....I have bad news

Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy KnobNear Austin but not as weird
edited July 2003 in The Pub
I just learned that my daughter Heather who has been in the hospital passed away. I know everyone here has been pulling for her since her injury and I really appeciate the support. Thank you all for the prayers and support.

Comments

• edited July 2003
    So Sorry Larry.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX
    edited July 2003
    Words cannot ease your pain, but that is all that I have.

I know when I lost my uncle that nothing that was said eased my pain, but the fact that they bothered to try meant something later on when I was able to collect my thoughts.

goat, I am so very sorry for your loss.
    You and your family will remain in my prayers.

Heather is in a better place now and one day you will have the chance to see her again, healthy and full of life and laughter.

God bless you.
    Originally posted by mtgoat
    I am sorry for getting everyones hopes up and am now wishing I han't made my last post. shortly after posting I received a call from Denver in forming me that Heather stopped breathing and there was nothing they could do to bring her back.
  • mwadmwad Sparks, Nevada
    edited July 2003
    I am sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and her mother.
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH
    edited July 2003
    I'm so sorry to hear that mtgoat, I'll be keeping your family in my thoughts.
  • edited July 2003
    I really am sorry to learn that.. words can not describe what I want to put here.

I as well will be keeping you in my thoughts...
  • PyobliEPyobliE UK
    edited July 2003
    Really sorry mate, cant imagine what you must be going through... My thoughts also.
  • BriltBrilt brooklyn
    edited July 2003
    There are no words to describe the loss of a child. All i can say is that we are here you and the pain we feel, though real ,is no where near what you must be feeling.
    i find that remembering the good times helps ease that pain.

You and your family will be in my prayers, God bless
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited July 2003
    Oh my god... I don't knwo what to say buddy. Call me.

Tex
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida
    edited July 2003
    Oh, no. :(

My condolenses... My prayers are with you and your family.
  • LIQuidLIQuid Raleigh, NC
    edited July 2003
    Real sorry to hear, i'll be thinking about you and your family.
    My wishes to you.
  • karatekidkaratekid Ogdensburg, NY
    edited July 2003
    mtgoat, there is really no way to put these feelings into words. I was really hoping she would pull through, and things were starting to sound so good. I am sorry to hear this. I too, will be thinking of you.
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida
    edited July 2003
    i am so sorry for your loss. I don't have children, i just cannot imagine what that must be like.

i dont know what to say. i'm sorry, this is so horrible.
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT
    edited July 2003
    I'm real sorry to hear about this. It's very hard to lose a loved one. I'll be praying for your family as well.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK
    edited July 2003
    Larry..

:( To think we were only chatting last week about the hope in all of this.

My heart goes out to you and your family. It's so saddening. This the worst.

--Dan
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON
    edited July 2003
    A sad day indeed, I mourn your loss mtgoat. My deepest sympathies and respect to you and your family.:(
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    edited July 2003
    Just no word that can describe. You'll be in my prayers. May God help you in this moment.
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX
    edited July 2003
    Holy shit. :(

Throughout this entire ordeal I had expected her to pull through. Every fibre of my being believed fully in the hope that she would get to smile or hug again, I fed into it...Let me become an unabated truth.

All the more does it sting now that the truth is shattered, dashed upon the rocks of such bleak misfortune.

What is this I feel? A grave heaviness between sadness and misery, a missing part of us all...And most importantly you, MT, is gone.

~Sighs~

An entire community left stunned by a loss they never expected to come.

I'm so sorry, MT. So very, very sorry.
  • Lincoln-ImpLincoln-Imp Lincoln, England
    edited July 2003
    It is indeed a sad day, you and your family have my deepest sympathies mtgoat.
    you all will be in my thoughts
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales
    edited July 2003
    My deepest sympathies to you and your family. You're in my thoughts prayers.
  • edited July 2003
    No, no, NO! :(

Im so very sorry for your loss Larry, i just dont know what to say....

You have my familys thoughts and prayers.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana
    edited July 2003
    Larry I'm in total shock ...my deepest sympathies.

csimon
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited July 2003
    I am deeply sorry for your loss Larry.:( You will be in my prayers.

And if there is anything you need of the IC staff, just name it.

~FA
  • FlintstoneFlintstone SE Florida
    edited July 2003
    I wish I had something to say that would be appropriate, but, alas, there is nothing, but my heart is with you and yours and may you have the strength to look forward to better things. My prayers and thoughts are with you.
  • pcscustompcscustom Oklahoma
    edited July 2003
    Oh my god! I am so sorry larry.. I would say i know what you have been going through but i dont.. I do how ever know how much everyone has been pushing for a good recovery.. I really dont know what to say other than i am very very sorry. I know how it is to loose people close to you and it is hell.. But if you ever need anyone to talk to i am here..

Trev
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited July 2003
    I am so so sorry for your loss. no words of mine can ease the pain you must be feeling. my thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • ktulu_tcoktulu_tco Akita, Japan
    edited July 2003
    My heart goes out to you for your loss, my deepest condolences.
  • EMNEMN
    edited July 2003
    :(
    I'm really sorry to hear that. It's quite a shock, since she seemed to be getting better. I am really sorry, my deepest condolences.
  • edited July 2003
    Wow this is terrible. After reading about the accident and then her quick recovery I thought for sure that she was going to be fine.

I hope that you can somehow gather strength from this and know that we are all thinking of her and you.

Kris
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec
    edited July 2003
    My deepest sympathies, i can't even imagine what its like, we are here for you if you need anything.

:(
  • edited July 2003
    After 9\11 there was a graphic of a fireman sitting on cement chunks-- Someone had drawn in an angel over that man with ozygen mask edge marks and dust all over his gear hunched over weary and tired and crying. The only thing I can hope and pray for is that God took her as he did the firemen's friends and the people that fireman had tried to rescue before havign to stop in exhaustion and overcome with grief.

I do not know enough details about Heather toknow the exact right words to use, but have worked in a State Hospital and other institutions that worked with and tried to help those stricken with illness and with disabilities that almost crippled their abilities to function. A few passed on while in those institutions and while those of us in the staff said little to the relatives about how we felt personally in some cases the passing on was a respite from a life that could not be fulfilled the way we would have and did hope it would be.

I hope for you that you know God in your life and that He comfort you and let you know your daughter lives forever free of her physical limits now and that He reassures you that you will someday see her again as a being of beauty with the essence of what made her HER intact and whole and undamaged.

I hope someday I shall see my father, who died at home of inoperable cancer, and my grandfather who died 4 months after his third stroke, and younger friends who got killed while I was in high school. Sometimes quick is best-- and God makes that hard choice and they join him (not by the intervention of human hand).

I grieve with you, and for the many who lose friends and loved ones each day on this Earth. Earth is God's community. While living is great not living even 10% to the full sometimes is worse for a soul than passing on to heaven. You and I and all here will remember your anecdotes of her life, and let us post some of the best of those also. My father told me, a week before cancer took his voice, to remember him as he was in the best of times we had together. This works. The hurt of his passing does not vaporize, it gets partly buried under or subsumed by the good memories of what he and I did together that was good-- and that is what we pledged to share when we next met. It took him a month more to die, at home. After three years, it still hurts some. So, I cannot hurt FOR you, but can be very compassionate and am.

God Bless You and keep you and your daughter safe to meet in Heaven since this must be. Just another person with a faith in God. (I am not denigrating other choices of belief with this, just hoping my expression may help in some small way to give hope and strength to move on until called ourselves to any who may so need that.)

John Danielson.