enter the matrix

drowddrowd Texas
edited July 2003 in Gaming
so, despite the poor reviews, what do folks think of enter the matrix after playing it?

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Crap. Its just like Max Payne with the Kung Fu mod.
    My friends love it, but I just think its overhyped crap.

NS
  • jdccbjdccb Mid-Atlantic USA
    edited June 2003
    I didn't like the demo at all, control sort of felt massively twitchy and just didn't like the feel of the game. I know a kid who's really enjoying it though I probably just didn't play it enough to get the full feel for things.
  • DexterHolland911DexterHolland911 Hong Kong
    edited June 2003
    I don't like the controls as much as the max payne ones... and the story line is no where near as addicting. The only way the creators of Enter the Matrix could have redeemed themselves is by putting in stunning graphics... but I have to say the graphics pretty much suck. Gotta love the cinematics though.
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited June 2003
    yeah, so far i have had a fun time playing it, but i wouldnt say it is worthwhile, and i seriously doubt i will ever play it again if/when i beat it. i imagine it will be deleted off my xbox once i get to a reasonable spot . . .
  • xDeluxexxDeluxex DeLuxembourg
    edited June 2003
    The controls were hard to grasp at first. but i didnt really like how the camera angle changed as you were fighting because if some one was shooting at you they would be onscreen and then suddenly offscreen. the hacking option was a nice bonus i thought...
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited June 2003
    yeah, i definitely thought the hacking was cool. but the crazy camera whip-arounds were annoying, cuz you couldnt see what was going on. my other big gripe, is why in gods green earth did they feel the urge to make the black button the trigger button. i dont even think the right trigger was used. what was the point of that?
  • xDeluxexxDeluxex DeLuxembourg
    edited June 2003
    im not personally familiar with the consol controls because i have the game on PC, but supposably the xbox controls were the best...
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited June 2003
    huh, well, that may be the case. i havent tried it on anything but xbox, but i could certainly think of improvements. yeah, and if you are familiar with the hacking, let me tell you, it was pretty difficult with a controller if you had to use the "tracekill.exe" file . . .
  • EnisadaEnisada Edmonton Member
    edited June 2003
    I love the game. I found the learning curve to be pretty easy. Learning soem of the moves takes some time. All my buddies love it too. The only thing I don't like or rather think they could have did better would be the last level. But it was all worth it in the end to see the Revolution Trialer...:D
  • Epyon202Epyon202 New York
    edited July 2003
    it was fun for a little bit, then it got boreing, so i tryed some cheats to see if it will make it more fun, and it did, for like a hour. Then i got into a driveing mission and almost broke my controller from banging on the ground becuase of getting pissed at it.
  • WahoogieWahoogie Marietta, GA, USA
    edited July 2003
    It was a very easy game.... Fun, entertaining, but easy. I felt it was good for some mindless fun. I rented it, and returned it a day and a half later. It took around 10 hours to beat so it was rather short... but other than that I liked it.