How did you first hear about Icrontic?

2»

Comments

• Red-DawnRed-Dawn Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited June 2003
    came here following a link proclaiming the ghetto olympics was coming, got sucked in and became a lurker for months. finally decided to start posting.
  • edited June 2003
    Same as many of you. I was looking for ways to overclock my KT7-RAID board, and Apu's Hardware was the only site around that had good info about it.

EQuito and a bunch of the old-timers helped me out a lot to get my system up and running, and Paul's FAQ kept me comming back. After that I kind of became a forum jockey and soaked up as much info as i could on just about everthing. Eventually, Mortin let me help out by being a Moderator, posting news items on the front page, and hardware reviews shortly afterwards.

The rest is history. :cool:
  • NebulousNebulous New York, The Empire State
    edited June 2003
    Hmmm, Ah yes, I followed the stench to see where it was comming from, and it was stoopid's. Now I'm werking on a spray called "Stoopid-B-Gone" ;)

Actually I followed stoopid. He told me about Icrontic and it's cool members :D
  • irajames1176irajames1176 Alaska
    edited July 2003
    I was looking to build my own slut a athlon mobo back in 2000 when i first came here, i think it was october if i'm correct? it's been so long i can't remember to well but i do remember i just used to lurk in the back and read others posts at first, i still have the same mobo and cpu there just on my shelf now collecting dust, saving it because it was my first i built :D many thanks to this place and the community in it i can probably put together a computer with my eyes closed now :) I'm also really glad this place is back up and running with some of the old schoolers in it yet, it's good to be back
  • edited July 2003
    I heard it from the girl whose brother is friends with the physical trainer whose daughter is friends with the one legged hooker on the corner of Mannheim and Irving (I think it was Mannheim and Irving)
  • edited July 2003
    Originally posted by irajames1176
    I was looking to build my own slut....

you came to the wrong site.
  • Epyon202Epyon202 New York
    edited July 2003
    m33pins told me about it
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited July 2003
    A friend of mine (MBrock) was always talking about Icrontic. So I decided to check it out myself and signed up in March 2002.
  • edited July 2003
    Sheesh-- Slot becomes slut and -animal- acts single minded or else is pointing out the Freudean slip..... :) Good handle.

I read about the auction, glimpsed some of it. Nice site here.

John
  • edited July 2003
    ah yes..i remember the golden days of apu's hardware...back when things were simpler, and we could all go down to mort's backyard and burn a few pieces of hardware....or set up a lan party with some paper cups and strings :D much has changed since....not to mention the fact that i use a mac now *hides under rock from flack*

here it comes....
  • LiLbRoLiLbRo Troy, Michigan
    edited July 2003
    i wondered over here from digital ferret... herd it from rob along time ago though, so i dont know.. i really came here because of tex i guess
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited July 2003
    I stumbled across icrontic looking for Rage 128 reviews when I was buying my first computer...
  • edited July 2003
    Originally posted by Ageek
    Sheesh-- Slot becomes slut and -animal- acts single minded or else is pointing out the Freudean slip..... :) Good handle.

I read about the auction, glimpsed some of it. Nice site here.

John

what? meerly pointing out his amusing slip...
  • NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited July 2003
    I believe I found the Apu's Hardware Counter-Strike server while searching for servers I pinged well on. I decided to check out the site, and have been trolling since. Well, not really trolling... i did have ~100 posts, I'm just not the most active member on the Icrontic forums. :)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Searched the web for help with a RAID controller. A guy in AMDmb told me I should follow a link he posted and ask for a man called Tex. I never really left.

EQ.. I never managed to finish resolving that db problem. I was searching high and low for those attachments! Still, the thread make interesting reading ;)
  • Nolf-JobNolf-Job Inside each and every one of you!
    edited July 2003
    A guy at Best Buy told me about it when I was trying to figure out how to get my all my files off of a corrupt hard drive. Never figured any of those genius salesmen would have ever been any help to me.