Kotor!

edited July 2003 in Gaming
If you like games by Bioware and you like Star Wars than this game is a must have (for xbox owners anyway). It's a little bit more linear than I would like, but the character creation and amazing amount of content make up for it. It's the first Star Wars game to actual let me feel as though I'm making a difference in the Star Wars universe.

I'm playing as a jedi sentinel right now. I'm still a padawan and my alignment is good for the moment. I have a purple light sabre in right hand and blue in the left; it's fantastic.

Anybody tried playing as evil yet? I've been wondering if the game is harder as an evil character.

Comments

• TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited July 2003
    i dunno im actually very impressed by the quality of SWG and KOTOR. after another month and they're past their major bug stages im going to go get SWG
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited July 2003
    i cant wait to play kotor. besides sleepstalker, i have another friend that says its fantastic. i cant wait to play . . .
  • edited July 2003
    Hey drowd try to become an evil jedi and let me know how it goes.

I may play this game over again just to be evil. This game is does have a few flaws, but it's still very very good. I don't want to judge too much at this point since I haven't beaten it, but so far it is one of the best rpg's I've ever played. I am about 20 hours into the game at this point.
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited July 2003
    ok, i will give it a try. the only thing i am worried about is that it might be harder to be an evil jedi. oh well, i will give it a spin . . .
  • T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited July 2003
    2 or 3 more months and it'll be out for PC (I wonder how much MS paid Bioware to hold off on the PC release)...and then....user mods!
  • edited July 2003
    I can't imagine many good user mods for this, and if there are they might work on xbox too. It has been done with Morrowind I believe. I heard about some people that copied some morrowind addons to their xbox and they worked.
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited July 2003
    so i just started. and i am trying to become evil, but sometimes i cant tell if i am supposed to be nice so that i get something from them, or if being nice gives me light side points. its hard to tell. oh well. this game is pretty fun. although i wonder how often the scenery changes . . .
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited July 2003
    heh, thought this strip from PA was pretty funny . . .

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2003-07-23