The Birth of a new dawn: IcronticGames Lives

Lincoln-ImpLincoln-Imp Lincoln, England
edited July 2003 in Gaming
Well folks... it's finally here, Icrontic Games is live, and it's got all the reviews from these forums, plus more besides, and it's all available here

For your gaming news, reviews and previews information keep it Icrontic Games :)

Comments

• drowddrowd Texas
    edited July 2003
    i like the sound of that . . . :D
  • Ed-ChigliakEd-Chigliak West Yorks (UK)
    edited July 2003
    N i i i i i c e w o r k . . . another icrontic site genesis bomb successfully deployed and I must say the white on black rocks IMO. Totally old school colour combo for that maximum contrast and minimum screen tan. Geeky looking it maybe but there never was any logic to white backgrounds other than WYSIWYG on paper but print preview does that anyway. Doh!

Dunno how many review/preview genesis bombs you got in the icrontic pipeline or even how many pipelines you've got but I'd like to think your going to have the time and energy to be able to cover atleast the top ranking games. Cross platform too? That's still alot of work!! Just thinking with so many in-depth game review and fan sites already that single page mini-reviews would suffice with icrontic style comments forum tagged onto the bottom. This way you keep your work to a minimum and the icrontic members get to participate (ie do the work for you) plus you're building on your existing strength which has always been the forums. IMO it also makes for more interesting and light hearted read.

Might I suggest a single page per game:-

Mini-review
    Summary
    Reviewers Score
    - Graphics
    - Sound
    - Gameplay
    - Overall
    - Icrontic Award
    Links / other resources
    - Official Site
    - Fan Sites
    - FAQ walkthrough
    Thumb Nail Screenies
    Comments Forum
    - Agree
    - Disgree

Sorry if I seem to be overly critical that is not my intention and good luck with the new site which is off to a great start already.

Ed^
  • edited July 2003
    Great, so I get to sleep now?
    Originally posted by Ed^Chigliak

Mini-review {We do for shorter/certain games}
    Summary
    Reviewers Score
    - Graphics
    - Sound
    - Gameplay
    - Overall
    - Icrontic Award {We have this already}
    Links / other resources {plans in motion}
    - Official Site {plans in motion}
    - Fan Sites {plans in motion}
    - FAQ walkthrough {plans in motion}
    Thumb Nail Screenies {We have this already}
    Comments Forum {plans in motion}
    - Agree
    - Disgree

• AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Negative, no sleep yet ;) I'm sure we can find other things to do instead of sleep...I mean who really needs it anyway.
  • edited July 2003
    and walkthroughs the only place that alot of people use is Gamefaqs.com as far as i know it is the best resoursce out there you should just link to it, would be much easier than doing htem yourselves
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited July 2003
    hmmm, i am not sure we want to use or be associated with walk throughs. i mean, i dont care if people use them, but i would like to think that we could keep the integrity of the site up by figuring out all the puzzles and what not ourselves. cuz if we read how to solve a puzzle or something, how can we say how hard a game really was?
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Wow, the site that I originally ran (very poorly) for mortin is back, thought I had killed it off for good :-p