Hack for fun - nice site

2»

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK
    edited August 2003
    Its not really hacking, well it is, but its to basic to really be called hacking, its just poking around in crap code...

NS
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI
    edited August 2003
    ooh, i didn't look at that part, i thought about the link color, but i was typing in words instead of numbers, haha, for exmaple i typew in blue, red and stuff.
  • BriltBrilt brooklyn
    edited August 2003
    i'm stuck on 6 don't know where to start...well stuck as in i couldn't solve it in 5 min but i will keep trying
  • ALiEN509ALiEN509 Ohio
    edited August 2003
    Alright I've been on level 11 for a day now. I can't figure out codes 2 and 5. I have figured out the rest already. Substrings are driving me nutz. Tips please to what this is refering to:

e.substring(1,2) + e.substring (4,5)+ e.substring (6,7) + e.substring (0,1) + e.substring(5,6)+ e.substring(2,3) + e.substring(3,4)
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited August 2003
    I would guess the numbers are actually the numeric location of the letters in the alphabet.

//EDIT - Easiest way is to view the source. It has the password easily visable - on some of them -

I'm going to have to give up. I don't know what level 3's password is. EndEDIT//
  • ALiEN509ALiEN509 Ohio
    edited August 2003
    SWEET! I wrote 2 small java applets for codes 2 and 5 on level 11 to see if my code was correct. Then from there I just started guessing. Before all of this I was guessing with pencil and paper. My first 2 guesses were the correct codes! Now all I have to do is figure out which one I did mess up on. More than likely it is code 4.

EDIT: Just smashed through level 11. Yeah code 4 was off because of that dang zero always counting :D
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited August 2003
    I can't even start to figure out level 11.:(

~FA
  • ALiEN509ALiEN509 Ohio
    edited August 2003
    you think level 11 is something, heh. Level 14 is impossible LOL.
    edited August 2003
    Originally posted by nekromancerus
    WARNING: Giving away answer to number 3.

Ok, here we can see that we need to make the variable Eingabe (the password that you enter) match the variable d1 (the correct password). So what is d1?

//edit (aranyic)
    ;) they can find out for themselves, that's already a good hint. Let's not spoil it for everyone.

//edit (Nekromancerus)
    :eek: My bad.

/Me thinks that "d1=window.document.linkColor" refers to the link color, most likely in hex, whatever that may be.

Remember, that was a hint. Also, on level 4, what does "wrong! - letter size?" mean? And what is it referring to?

Let see, if (document.a.c.value == a), then a should be what?
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited August 2003
    UGH!!! Finally figured out level 11!!!:eek:

Time for a nap.

~FA
  • edited August 2003
    Originally posted by danball1976

* danball1976 thinks that "d1=window.document.linkColor" refers to the link color, most likely in hex, whatever that may be.

Remember, that was a hint. Also, on level 4, what does "wrong! - letter size?" mean? And what is it referring to?

Let see, if (document.a.c.value == a), then a should be what?

That is referring to the case (UPPER or lower) of the password.
    edited August 2003
    I can't figure level 4 out just yet.
  • ALiEN509ALiEN509 Ohio
    edited August 2003
    Originally posted by Paroxym
    Level 14 and I hit a brick wall. The code was starting to give me headaches so I bookmarked it and retired for the day.

Thanks for the great link Phoboss. :)
    I've gotten sooo close to passing level 14 it's unbelievable. I can't figure out what's wrong though ? How you doing Paroxym ?
  • ALiEN509ALiEN509 Ohio
    edited August 2003
    Nevermind, I just smahed through level 14:D
  • Red-DawnRed-Dawn Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited August 2003
    can any1 give the retard a hint for level 2.
  • ALiEN509ALiEN509 Ohio
    edited August 2003
    level 2

Hint:
    The password is case sensitive.
    var m1 must equal the password input.
    edited August 2003
    Viewing source (through the view menu in IE) will often give you a hint.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK
    edited August 2003
    Viewing source (through the view menu in IE) will often give you a hint.

Well done..... thats been said...... like 12 times already.......

NS
    edited August 2003
    I can't figure out level 4 for the life of me.
  • ALiEN509ALiEN509 Ohio
    edited August 2003
    //edit
    Hints are fine, please no complete answers though

-- And I wrote all of that for nothing ;) . My bad, sorry.
  • edited August 2003
    I can't figure out level 4 for the life of me.

Here's the only hint you should need.

http://www.asciitable.com/
    edited August 2003
    That helps quite a bit. The later ones I have to go searching though the internet cache to find the page.
    edited August 2003
    Level 8 password doesn't make any sense.

On level 11, I have figured out what codes 1 and 3 are, but have no clue what the rest are.
  • edited August 2003
    Level 8 password doesn't make any sense.

On level 11, I have figured out what codes 1 and 3 are, but have no clue what the rest are.

Translate level 8's password to english and it makes sense. Oh yeah, for anyone else not on 8 yet, still use the german version of the word, not the english version.

Level 11:
    Number 2: No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get it. Once I got the other four it makes sense though.

Number 4: I can't really figure out a way to give you a hit without giving you the answer so ummm.... d1 is an array.

Number 5: Not the hardest one (2 is) but took the longest. First, click here. Then work it in reverse since you know what the final product needs to look like.
  • edited August 2003
    Can anyone give me a hint for level 10 - im viewing the source of the .js file and all I get is a quote, cant even see where the code is that pops up the password prompt. :(
  • edited August 2003
    Originally posted by Phoboss
    Can anyone give me a hint for level 10 - im viewing the source of the .js file and all I get is a quote, cant even see where the code is that pops up the password prompt. :(

Number 10 is a trick. You have the wrong code.