Jason vs. Freddy anyone?

ClutchClutch North Carolina
edited August 2003 in The Pub
I just got back from watching this movie, was wondering if any other icrontians where out tonight for the opening.

I thought overall it was better than what I suspected it to be, somethings could be done better, but it did mix some good laughs in with the movie which was cool. The fight scenes were cool to, nothing to computer animated or anything. The story line was a little weird, but it tied in all together.

Comments

• stoopidstoopid Albany, NY
    edited August 2003
    I'll probably wait for one of my friends to rent it in 3 months :p

Same goes for a lot of movies... only a select few need to be viewed on the big screen (Matrix Reloaded I had to see in the theaters, for instance). With DVD releases within months of a movie's debut, it kinda makes spending $6-9 on a movie ticket and dealing with a noisy theater, no pause button for stretching or bathroom breaks, etc such a waste of time.
  • LiLbRoLiLbRo Troy, Michigan
    edited August 2003
    i goto this one theater up here in michigan... real nice, like 11 bucks a ticket, but its worth it... nice theater.... all the seats are those ones made from that memorie stuff... so the seats are comfee... the floors are never sticky... the screen and film are like super quality for a big screen, that means, CLEAN screen, and the film is always jsut as clean... blah blah blah i know but its a nice theatet, i would go there jsut to sti on the seats :D
  • Massive_gasMassive_gas Baghdad
    edited August 2003
    I've never seen a Jason or Freddy movie, and I doubt I ever will.

I'm afraid of everything.
  • stoopidstoopid Albany, NY
    edited August 2003
    Originally posted by Massive_gas

I'm afraid of everything.

Probably a good reason then :p

Booh!!!
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    edited August 2003
    Doesn't cath my attention. Damn "horror" movies never scare me :(
  • ramdexramdex Tucson
    edited August 2003
    damn u guys pay 11 bucks a ticket, here its 8 bucks full price, that sucks to pay that much!
  • edited August 2003
    damn i know a place where i can go for $3.50
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX
    edited August 2003
    Never liked Freddy.

Jason movies are normally pretty good, but in the last Friday the 13th movie Jason was frozen for decades/centuries so is the Freddy vs Jason movie set in the future? Or was this movie supposed to take place before the last Friday the 13th movie?

I think my favorite horror movies are the Halloween series.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina
    edited August 2003
    It isn't in the future, just like any other friday the 13th movie, an ordinary day and all.
  • Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
    edited August 2003
    halloween series is great..

well, first, second, fourth, and fifth were..lol

H20 was "ok" and that new one wasn't that bad..not good either though, lol
    edited August 2003
    No "horror" movies are what the used to be anyway. I mean they are so predictable that you can pretty much tell what will happen before they happen. I don't think there is anything that can save the horror genre of movies anymore.
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited August 2003
    yeah, i agree, but when i DO stumble upon a relatively scary (oftentimes you gotta settle for suspenseful) movie, i am always pleasantly surprised. I am trying to think of some of the scarier movies i have seen recently. although it never got too scary, i really enjoyed frailty. I also thought 28 days later was really well done. and i dont know if dog soldiers was scary so much as it was a bit of a gory action flick. man, this genre is really struggling . . .
    edited August 2003
    I would much rather watch a more suspenseful kind of horror movie, rather than one like the Jason series where you got one killer that just kills everything and anything in sight. The Scream series was good because it kept you guessing on who the killer was, etc...
  • edited August 2003
    a cut above most of the ‘Elm Street' and ‘Friday' sequels. IMHO 6.5/10

Elm1 and the first Friday were classics and had far to many sequels, this one was at least doing justice to the originals.
  • Red-DawnRed-Dawn Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited August 2003
    Went to see it sunday nite, thought it was a bit cheesy bit i laughed my ass off at bits. overall an pritty good film that i'll wanna see again.

whats the name of the jason film thats set in the future?? i seen it ages ago and wanna see it again,

Full price theater tickets are £4 here = ~$6
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX
    edited August 2003