GRR Ebgames sold me a used game as new.

SpYSpY
edited September 2003 in Gaming
Ive been on a 15 day trial of Asherons Call 2 and im lovin it so i had 5 days left of free trial and went to buy it. Figured it would be smart to wait till the trial ended to enter my cdkey so i i dont get billed till trials over. well when i was at my local EBgames the only 3 boxes they had looked like they were opened, i said i didnt want an opened one cause i wanted to make sure the key was legit. So the guy swore up and down that they were just display boxes and had been kept in lockup so dont worry. well needless to say when i entered the key it said it was being used. am i gonna get screwed here when i try to return it? im pretty pissed bout it cause i wont be able to get back to the store till probably monday, which means i cant use my account. they better give me another box or im gonna throw a fit, lol. anyone had this happen to them? what happened?

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Usually EB is pretty good about stuff like that. They will usually resolve issues without much of a hassle. Just explain calmly what happened. If they don't cooperate... THEN throw a fit! :P
  • edited September 2003
    oh, and don't forget to ask names if they don't refund you.
  • verselloversello New
    edited September 2003
    aiee an AC2 player... I just quit AC2 like, 2 months ago. I didn't get nearly as far as I would like to have (lvl 25 ranger and 35 mage), but best of luck to you - btw what server were you playing on?
  • edited September 2003
    Originally posted by SpY
    Ive been on a 15 day trial of Asherons Call 2 and im lovin it so i had 5 days left of free trial and went to buy it. Figured it would be smart to wait till the trial ended to enter my cdkey so i i dont get billed till trials over. well when i was at my local EBgames the only 3 boxes they had looked like they were opened, i said i didnt want an opened one cause i wanted to make sure the key was legit. So the guy swore up and down that they were just display boxes and had been kept in lockup so dont worry. well needless to say when i entered the key it said it was being used. am i gonna get screwed here when i try to return it? im pretty pissed bout it cause i wont be able to get back to the store till probably monday, which means i cant use my account. they better give me another box or im gonna throw a fit, lol. anyone had this happen to them? what happened?

EB better return the copy, you have history as you talked about it, find that person again :)

Either way your safe..

You own the CD (with the key sticker), so you own the account - the publishers will supply you with a new key and they will destroy the key for the stolen account at the server end.