A7n8x Deluxe SATA Boot Problems

edited December 2003 in Hardware
I bought a Seagate 120gb SATA HD to replace my 40gb WD HD. I partitioned and formated and ghosted my drive image to the new hard drive. I figured if I just took out the old hard drive and left just the new SATA HD imaged with the old drive that it would boot into windows off of that. Unfortunately, it refuses to boot off of the new drive. Any ideas?:confused:

Comments

• BobyJoBobyJo N C Texas
    edited December 2003
    You have to install the SATA drivers into the OS before the OS will see the drive and boot from it.
  • edited December 2003
    Well, I had to boot up with the old hard drive to ghost old hard drive over to the new one. so I have installed the drivers. it's a matter of the motherboard seeing it as a boot device. any other ideas? i'd really appreciate them.
  • BobyJoBobyJo N C Texas
    edited December 2003
    Maybe I am missing something. Did you have the SATA drivers installed on the old drive before the ghosting? If so how did you go about the install into the OS on the old drive? The reason I am asking is the old drive was an IDE controller, so what was the way the drivers installed and what version of the SATA drivers that you installed, Do these match the version of the SATA controller in your system?