THE (final) SHORT-MEDIA LAN #1 THREAD

Comments

• Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
    edited October 2003
    OH! I am interested for sure! It'll be nice to actually go to one besides having to host them all the time :D (plus it'll be bigger then my 12 ppl parties I can host) It'll be a drive for me, but its nothing new. I got some family down in Grosse Pt, so i am not sure where that is in relation to that...But yes, really interested. Have to look into it as far as the date and see for sure once I get some more time here.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Grosse Pointe is VERY close to my office - like a few blocks over.
    edited October 2003
    primesuspect said
    Grosse Pointe is VERY close to my office - like a few blocks over.

I usually get off of 94 and go east on Vernier till it hits Mack then go south about a block.(i think thats right) And its right there on Lennon.

Sorry if you have posted it already, but what is the address to lan party?
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    i think it's on his company's site

http://www.sarcnet.com/
    edited October 2003
    Vernier & I-94 is about two miles away from my office. Very very close.
    edited October 2003
    oh sweet! It's only about 7 min away from my relatives....or 3.7 miles according to yahoo :D

edit\\actually, i have been meaning to come back down that way again this fall. If I do, I will have to check it out.

By the way prime, wondering you know any computer techs from the high schools down in grosse pt. My cousin works for one of them(I think there is 2 high schools)
    edited October 2003
    No, I don't know any computer techs from any grosse pointe high schools.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    I wanna go sooooo baaaddd!, but i don't think I can swing it. Have to go to southern NJ in a couple of weeks to pick up inlaws van and bring back to Fla. for them. Don't think I can swing 2 trips in that short of time. Not to mention I'll freeze to death up there in Detroit in Jan! I wish everyone good luck on their travels. :wave:
    edited October 2003
    :(
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    well after some AIM coercing from primesuspect (sorry about the cutoff, damn computer froze!) , I've finally got the ball rolling on planning this out, hopefully I'll be able to decide yes or no by this weekend, since I've been informed the spots are filling up fast, I really want to go, but I need to make some definite plans first. I'll probably be driving if I do go, so that's like 13hrs. I'll have to check out the games to be played thread...more updates later. :)
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Wow this is going to be great!!! It will really be something meeting you all face to face. :thumbup

citrixmeta, septimus and myself will be hooking up for the drive down. :cool2:
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited October 2003
    Yea, TbonZ, maybe I can buy you dinner or something, to pay you back for the hat you sent me :cheers:
    edited October 2003
    To all the stragglers: Hurry up and decide, cause there's only 10 precious spots left!

I feel like Willy Wonka......

Who's going to get the Gold Ticket?
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited October 2003
    Damn, I didn't realise soo many people were coming so far, this is going to make the long drive worth it all to see all you guys w00t. I'm deffinetly going to bring the cam corder and digi cam to get some good footage for this one.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    HEY, count me in on the lan party. The checks in the mail

see you all there :)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Possible 40, guaranteed 30 people at the LAN. This is wicked.
    edited October 2003
    I'm very confident that the last ten spots will fill up. Expect 40 people at the LAN. :)
  • Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
    edited October 2003
    I still say someone should set one up in somewhere down south

Atlanta, Bermingham, Orlando, Tampa....anywhere down south..I'm flexible
  • JLunarJLunar the t dot.
    edited October 2003
    halloo....? anyone coming from Toronto? Driving on my own is cool, but I'm gettin' all paranoid about bringing my tower over and back over the border... Once I get all that sorted, y'all can count me in the fun.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    JLunar said
    halloo....? anyone coming from Toronto? Driving on my own is cool, but I'm gettin' all paranoid about bringing my tower over and back over the border... Once I get all that sorted, y'all can count me in the fun.

citrixmeta, septimus and myself are traveling through TO, we may have to rent a van but it probably would be worth it with 4 people, if you're interested. :)

Maybe we can get t1rhino signed on once he's back from his honeymoon and have 5, really cheap then. :D
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    no problem here, im gonna be renting the van/car/SUV from MTL, picking up Tbonz, septimus, will be more than happy to pickup you guys too.
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited October 2003
    anybody heading there from NY City? I had been planning on a big Dungeons and Dragons session with some buddies for the winter break but hey I could just bring my stuff there for something to do to rest my eyes fro the computer screens for awhile.
    edited October 2003
    There are a couple of people coming from NYC ... Anybody?
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2003
    TD is from NY. Meet somewhere?
    edited October 2003
    BUMP! There's 9 spots to fill guys, come on! I know there are some stragglers who are hee-hawing about coming. Forget your fears, your checkbooks, and your boring lives! Meet the people you see everyday on short-media!

Check out The Celebrity Photoshoot to meet the attendees. Wouldn't YOU love to be on that list?
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Can a non-player come???

I have not played since we did the board and BB games in RO (Grey Owl, or whatever my little pewter statuette was called).... :)

I might DRIVE, if someone has GAS and Motel money and lives in Florida. The little Nissan can hold two people and two boxes. By then I MIGHT be a two-eyes and not a four eyes, thanks to double cataract surgery.

Yeah, I am good for a $20.00 but need to see how I can minimize trip costs. On short trips the little thing I drive gets 33 MPG. Highway, about 40 for longer jaunts. But January is COLD in MoTown, bring mukluks and a good parka Mackanz. Not QUITE as bad as Denver, but.... I might pack up my P4 Antec SX1040 box and see if Linux 9.2 can talk to the network box with a hard-coded link and dabble a bit if wanted, also (probably NOT, but might bring it for fun anyhow). If not, can load something else in the swap bay(like XP or 98 SE or BSD).

But I drink Gatorade, ICED black coffee and Mountain Dew, fair warning.

Or do we have an official LAN Digiphotographer yet???

John.
    edited October 2003
    If that's a confirmation, Ageek, PM me for sure - that's where I'm collecting the registration confirmations.

Anybody else coming from Florida?
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Prime, 1 PM in your e-box on web server for SM.

John.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Is anyone going thru Indiana who feels the need to have another body in the car?
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    I am sooo tempted ageek to take you up on that offer id have to drive to ur house then leave from there
    I am gonna check my calender