New PSX on Display at Lik-Sang

karatekidkaratekid Ogdensburg, NY
edited January 2004 in Gaming
Lik-Sang has a brand new Sony PSX in house and has taken it apart to see what makes it tick. Essentially, the PSX is a PS2 with a TV Tuner, hard drive, DVD Burner, and an outrageous price tag. Two versions of the PSX are available, one with a 160GB hard drive for $795, the other with a 250GB hard drive for $995. While you would probably never seriously consider buying this thing, it is always interesting to gawk at high priced electronics and see what makes them run.

Check out the article at <A HREF="http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=24&products_id=3866&&quot; target=_blank>Lik-Sang</a>.

Comments

• edited December 2003
    haha, that is so funny. The people at Sony use to laugh thinking about adding a Hard Drive to a gaming system. Xbox did it, now they copy. Xbox had network support, they add it. Everything Xbox has, they added it. And XBOX 2 will be better, why you ask? It will be cheaper to buy and made in the USA, not no international country. C'mon fellas think about it, you can get someone that costs $179 and comes with a bunch of shit, unlike the Sony system, what is the mark on that? like 100% hahaha! This is hilarious, they come out with a gaming console that is near $1,000.... Why not start shipping Computer Systems instead? Those mini box ones that have better components like Atlhon FX and a 9800 Pro! hahaha, stuff like this makes me laugh.
  • OrgazmoOrgazmo CT
    edited January 2004
    What a rip. Sony sucks, only reasons I bought a PS2 back in the day were GT3 and FFX. I'll take my Xbox anyday...and I can talk because I have every currently available console.
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited January 2004
    yeah, i agree. i very seldom play my ps2. only a few games come out that i actually want to play. i love my xbox more than anything and gamecube is a very solid system as well. ps2 on the other hand sucks. isnt it like a 233 mhz proc or something like that? come out with another console already . . .