THE (final) SHORT-MEDIA LAN #1 THREAD

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    BTW i am old enuf and wise enuf to drive a good part of the way but dang thats like 3 days travel

do we need monitors too? or just our boxes and mouses and stuff
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2003
    You need to bring your own monitor.
    edited October 2003
    Ok this is great! I WILL BE THERE!!!! IF thats A small if Ageek is willing to have another body in the car and we split cost. But i will be There if thats a yes from the Ageekster!
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited October 2003
    Prime, YGPM :D;)

Only 4.5 hours from Toronto :)

I'll see you all there... pending weather of course :)
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited October 2003
    Oh c'mon....I made the drive from det to st. augustine in 16 hours! 1-75 north.
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited October 2003
    Remember it's winter for us drivers and Michigan gets winters comparable to Southern Ontario. I'll take my time driving down there, as I'll be in 4' of blowing, drifting snow across the portion of Canada's busiest highway that is known as "Carnage Alley" for the sheer number of fatal accidents that occur (Highway 401 between London, Chatham & Windsor). :)

How strict are the cops in Michigan? Do they get cranky about speeding 5-30 MPH over the limit? I'm used to cruising @ 145 KMH in a 100 KMH zone (90 in a 60 zone for those Imperial folks). :)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Pretty cranky, but once you cross the border, you're only 3-4 miles from my office, so there's not gonna be too much driving to worry about.
    edited October 2003
    Seven spots left! If Gnomewizardd gives the thumbs up, that's 6 spots left!
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Gonomewizardd, YGPM.

John.
    edited October 2003
    you got teh thumbs up!
    edited October 2003
    Can we get a flowing mountain of dew??? there goes my vacation time! WH00T!!
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    IF you declare it on the way into US and have no illegal CDs, Canada\US border is pretty good. Tell them you are going to a friend's place for the weekend. Sometimes they want to see hardware receipts if you have them, usually not-- easier if you have proof of purchase in Canada just in case(for US side). You MIGHT get a customs receipt or end up with the computer customs tagged and you might end up showing what they give you to customs on the way back.

They should NOT open your computer, that would normally be illegal search, for BOTH sides of the border. Yuo CAN call Canadian customs (and local RCMP non-emergency number can tell who to talk with probably), they will tell you what you should need to do this, just tell them you plan to go to a friend's place or a computer mini-convention that trades computer knowledge for weekend to work on straightening out computer (gaming can get sweaty, that which gens sweat is WORK in physical sense) glitch because he is\they are helping for free. And all computers have glitches of one kind or another, right???

John.
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited October 2003
    I'd like to go, but as I posted a few pages ago :D I need to know who's heading over the detroit from New York City than I can cop a ride with. Otherwise it'll a nice 2 day train ride :eek3:
    edited October 2003
    There's a car with two members coming from tha NYC.

I'll PM them and see.
    edited October 2003
    Update:

From here on out, I demand that everybody pay their registration fees via the "Folded Napkin" method, which is how I just got Leishi85's registration in the mail:
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    haha. i was just wondering if it arived yet, it's for me and CRADS8EN, both.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    ;D;D;D

OMFG that is the funniest thing I've seen in a week!
    edited October 2003
    u gotta understand, i had 40 dollars cash in it, who knows if someone will try to look and see what's in it, and take it, better be safe than sorry.
    so i stuck the money inbetween napkins.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2003
    Good thing prime was paying attention - if he was reading his mail during lunch your registration $$ could have been used to wipe the mustard off his face, then tossed in the trash!

:doh:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2003
    I have done something similar before. I just used two envelopes instead of a napkin.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    if i paypal you...do u still have to use the napkins
    edited October 2003
    Leishi was kind enough to include two napkins, so I'll use his extra napkin for your payment :)
    edited October 2003
    Okay peeps

FIVE SPOTS LEFT

Come on, when else are you gonna get the chance to meet shorty, mackanz, simguy, general keebler, thrax, leishi85, and all the others who make short-media great?

PM me for your registration confirmation! 5 spots left!
  • DOSMANDOSMAN Grand Rapids, MI
    edited October 2003
    leishi85 isn't all that special. I unfortunately have the chance to meet him 5 times a week. :p
    edited October 2003
    just kidding man.

Hmm, now that time is running out, I'm actually going to have to make a decision.
    edited October 2003
    hey DOSMAN, u know what??
    u get teh F for saying that.
    edited October 2003
    Are you coming, dosman?
    edited October 2003
    That would involve convincing my parents to let me go to Detroit and spend a weekend with people I don't know.

I don't see a problem, but I anticipate that they will.
    edited October 2003
    You know Leishi85 :)
    edited October 2003
    and you know me! Ive talked to you at the radio show