Intalling XP

edited February 2004 in Science & Tech
Ok im trying to install Windows XP Pro on my new hard drive, everytime the setup goes though everything and when there is about 19 minutes left in the setup it freezes. This has happened countless times and i have finally given up without further help. Right now i am suspecting the video card which really pisses me off because it is fairly new but i have had problems with it before. Does anyone else have any other suggestions on what it could be and how to fix this problem?

Turambar

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited February 2004
  • edited February 2004
    how long is the test supposed to take because it has been going for nearly 2 hours now...
  • PyobliEPyobliE UK
    edited February 2004
    Total (all tests) 5:25:30

Taken from the Memtest86 website.
  • edited February 2004
    nm i solved the problem but thanks for your help anyways :D
  • verselloversello New
    edited February 2004
    Turambar wrote:
    nm i solved the problem but thanks for your help anyways :D

What was it?
  • edited February 2004
    well when i tried to install it with my 2 128MB and 1 256MB stick it would always freeze so i took out the 2 128MB ones and it installed just fine
  • septimusseptimus Toronto, Canada
    edited February 2004
    Turambar wrote:
    well when i tried to install it with my 2 128MB and 1 256MB stick it would always freeze so i took out the 2 128MB ones and it installed just fine

Could it be that one of those DIMMs are bad?
  • edited February 2004
    septimus wrote:
    Could it be that one of those DIMMs are bad?
    No because after i installed it a installed a goodmem program from MSI that tells me how much much is free and i put in all the memory again and it all equalled 512MB and other programs recognize the memory as well.