Enermax psu +3.3v mod

NebulousNebulous New York, The Empire State
edited March 2004 in Hardware
Well i was having issues with high overclock and pinpointed the problem to a weak +3.3v rail on my psu. Anyways thanx to a member and his awsome guide posted here, i went ahead and did it.

Before the mod:
Mbm5.jpg
After the mod:
PsuVmod.JPG

Not 1 single issue and my rig is rock steady stable!! Major w00tage! :D

Comments

• phlipphlip hell
    edited February 2004
    hey neb how do i mod my +12v i seem to have trouble when i try to shoot for 2.3ghz with my barton....it drops to 10.2 which is way to low...thanks in advanve
  • phlipphlip hell
    edited February 2004
    err advance
  • NebulousNebulous New York, The Empire State
    edited February 2004
    What psu do you have?
  • septimusseptimus Toronto, Canada
    edited February 2004
    Does this mod work with any PSU that has the wires indicated in the guide? I have a 400W antec PSU that has the suckiest 3.3 and 5 volt rails in the world. Maybe I should RMA it... ;)
  • phlipphlip hell
    edited February 2004
    powmax 400w
  • NebulousNebulous New York, The Empire State
    edited February 2004
    septimus, yes it will work on any psu that has the sensor wires. Just look for the sensor wires at the ATX connector and follow the guide. If you do some research on that same page, there's several Antec psu mods as well :)

Now phlip, not sure about the Powmax. I suggest getting a brand name psu instead and replacing that Powmax junk ( no offense). I've had several powmax psu and they're pretty much junk. This is an awsome deal and an awsome psu :D
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    I have an Antec true power 330W PSU. All my voltage rails are slightly low so I would love to try this mod. Basically, its a good PSU and does the job and I would rather not buy a new one but I don't want to go through the hassle of this mod and sleeving, if this 330W is not enough. :(

thoughts? concerns? questions? :confused:
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Bump. :)
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2004