Ninja Gaiden, I don't think I'll beat this one.

edited March 2004 in Gaming
I don't usually beat games, not because I can't but because I have so many games. I usually only complete the best games. After playing Ninja Gaiden I'm afraid I might not beat this one. Not because it's not that good, but because it's freaking hard.

So apparently, I can't just mash buttons on this one like I did in Dead or Alive. I actually have to learn how to do advanced moves. I got to the first little boss and he has kicked my ass repeatedly. I'm going to have to do some heavy duty practicing tonight. I want to get far in this game. It's spectacular when you're not getting the shit beat out of you.

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    I picked it up yesterday. It's an awesome game, and yes, the first boss was excessively hard after just kind of knocking around the other ninjas. The difficulty level shot up like crazy. It took me about 6 attempts of just figuring out how long to slash and then when to roll away. Once you get him down to about an inch of health left the fight is over and he'll teach you a couple moves.

I'm on chapter 4 and the bosses seem to always take a couple tries. Try to find a talisman before going into battle. It helps a lot because in the heat of battle you forget to use an elixir sometimes.

It's a hella good game though. Don't let the first boss get you down. I cursed a few times when I couldn't even get a hit in, but then I got him and all was good again. :)
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited March 2004
    yeah, that game is crazy hard. like, hard in ways that are really sort of undescribable. but the thing is, its just such a beautiful game. looks really pretty. man, love that team ninja . . .
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited March 2004
    It's on my rental list...just have to magically make it to the rental store when there is actually a copy in.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    I kept my xbox just for that game. Played it wasnt impressed as I thought I was and sold it. but it was a good game just not what i had in mind plus i am a button masher i cant learn moves!
  • edited March 2004
    Yeah what's up with learning how to do stuff in games these days. Ninja Gaiden should have had started with a really in depth tutorial though considering how difficult it is. I hope you gave it a chance before you sold it. I've read that the game gets much better as you go along.
  • septimusseptimus Toronto, Canada
    edited March 2004
    Tough game... I'm bored with it, as I can't seem to get past Murai the first boss. Fellow with the nunchaku. For some reason I keep forgetting to use elixirs ;)

Anyone here a fan of Devil May Cry on PS2?
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    septimus wrote:
    Tough game... I'm bored with it, as I can't seem to get past Murai the first boss. Fellow with the nunchaku. For some reason I keep forgetting to use elixirs ;)

Anyone here a fan of Devil May Cry on PS2?

I bought another PS2 after I sold mine just for Devil May Cry. I love that game.

Anyway, just keep trying with the first boss. The game does get better. And it's not too hard to learn the moves. I do a lot of mashing sometimes and it seems to work for the most part. Just keep A LOT of elixirs handy. Haha.