Hi,Newbie question inside!!

edited September 2004 in Hardware
hi peeps, i`ve always overclocked my cpu`s to the max just with air cooling but i am now wanting to go into water cooling :) ive spotted this http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/aquarius/a1681.htm and was wandering if they are any good,it seems a nice easy option! , and would they be very futre proof!!! while we are at it which p4 is best for overclocking!! i`m building a new rig with an abit ic7 max thingy!!!

thx for any help

jason

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    Zalman resrator! I own 2 great system
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2004
    thats what i was gonna suggest. the koolance exos is nice too, im just not a huge thermaltake fan
    edited June 2004
    the reserator is the easiest to install. I actually just moved my whole system into a new case in the time of watching godzilla on dvd. went very quick considering I did it while watching a movie that i love
  • edited June 2004
    wow, the reserator, is v big :) , where`s the best place to buy all this stuff. i`m in the uk :)

thx
  • A-DA-D
    edited June 2004
    jayjames wrote:
    hi peeps, i`ve always overclocked my cpu`s to the max just with air cooling but i am now wanting to go into water cooling :) ive spotted this http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/aquarius/a1681.htm and was wandering if they are any good,it seems a nice easy option! , and would they be very futre proof!!! while we are at it which p4 is best for overclocking!! i`m building a new rig with an abit ic7 max thingy!!!

thx for any help

jason

Well according to various magazines i view including micro mart (£1.80 Nothing but reviews and prices etc)
    The P4 Prescott 2.4ghz with phase change cooling can be overclocked to 4Ghz and more
    :drinkup:
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    hey Jay!

welcome to icrontic.

i would stay away from that Thermaltake cooling kit.

if you want a quiet system, go for the Zalman resrator.

BUT..

if you want to overclock i would get swiftech/dangerden/dtek kits.

example: http://www.swiftnets.com/products/h20-8600-0.asp
  • edited July 2004
    thx guys,

i`m torn atm i like the ease of the all in one things but dont want to get one if they`re rubbish!! THe swiftech one looks a bit trickier to fit but if its worth it i`ll go for it!! Also i was going to get a abit max3 board but i think i`ll wait till pci Express boards appear cos i`m a game junkie so will be getting a new graphics card soon, is this a good idea??

sorry if i`m being stoopid, but whats phase change cooling!?
    edited July 2004
    stay away from phase change as a n00b. The reserator keeps my OC'ed 3200+A64 at 113*F
  • edited July 2004
    What does phase change mean then??? :)
  • ZecterZecter The coldest state in the Continental USofA
    edited September 2004
    A-D wrote:
    Well according to various magazines i view including micro mart (£1.80 Nothing but reviews and prices etc)
    The P4 Prescott 2.4ghz with phase change cooling can be overclocked to 4Ghz and more
    :drinkup:

Prescott :eek: + overclock :eek: = :fire: :eek::eek: ... :)