Case question.

WeedoWeedo New
edited July 2004 in Hardware
My new Chenming 601 case arrived today. Nice big case. But what are those things on the floor of the case. No instructions or documentation of any kind came with this thing so I have no idea. There's 8 plastic doohickey's that have a metal tab on them and they slide into a clip of some sort.

Comments

• TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited July 2004
    if i had to guess you're talking about the motherboard mounthing standoffs

you push them through the holes in the motherboard tray (from the back towards the front) and screw the mobo down to them
  • WeedoWeedo New
    edited July 2004
    It's not the standoffs and this case doesn't have a tray. Here's the link to it on newegg. In the second pic you can see what I'm talking about on the floor of the case. 4 in a row at the front and 4 in a row at the back. I just can't imagine what they are.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-125-437&depa=1
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Those are easy access slide mounts for your harddrives. You mount them on the side of your HD and slide them into the HD box. It's so you can get the HD out through the front. Just unplug the HD, squeeze the clips, and slide it out. They stick them down on the bottom of case so they won't fly around in shipping.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    yea what he said
  • WeedoWeedo New
    edited July 2004
    Ok, I get it. Now that seems like a pretty stupid question.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    No worries friend> We all have to learn these technical things at one time or another.
    Thats like learning to put a cd in the drink holder on the front of the pc. We all had to learn how to do it! lol
  • WeedoWeedo New
    edited July 2004
    You'd of thought I never built a computer before but I just always bought the cheap cases. I finally treated myself.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    good choice too. next time go for a coolermaster or a kingwinn thats a real treat
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Weedo wrote:
    You'd of thought I never built a computer before but I just always bought the cheap cases. I finally treated myself.

Starting off with a good case can make the whole experiance just killa! :thumbsup: :jelly:
  • WeedoWeedo New
    edited July 2004
    good choice too. next time go for a coolermaster or a kingwinn thats a real treat

I love this case, but after I ordered it I saw that CM Stacker. That would have been awesome.