How would I go about removing the folding service so I can update to 5.00?

ZecterZecter The coldest state in the Continental USofA
edited August 2004 in Folding@Home
I need to know how to stop a service from running so that I can update to the new folding version. Details would be nice.

Now, I read in the update for 5.00 something about a build in service? Does that mean I can configure the new version with no after market tools?

Zecter -The Zuntar Muncher

Comments

• ZecterZecter The coldest state in the Continental USofA
    edited August 2004
    WOW, maybe I should wait on posting here until I try! I am starting to look like Fire_mat99 :( I have figured this out. I just went to admin tools and got it fixed. The new version does run the service simply! Now the only question I have is Can I remove the old service remains in the service window? What I mean is that is still shows Folding 1, etc. and I am never going to use that anymore so can I delete if from being on the list somehow?
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2004
    use regedit and search for something unique to the old service, like the path

delete the entry

btw since you added a new console service using the v5 built in stuff, to a search in your registry for -svcstart, that'll be the path to the new console and you can add any new tags to the end of that
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    1- run regedit
    2- \\hk_local_machine\system\currentcontrolset\servic es\fah@c:+f2h500-console.exe

you can simply delete this entry "fah@c:+f2h500-console.exe"
  • ZecterZecter The coldest state in the Continental USofA
    edited August 2004
    okay I got it deleted, I then searched like thebaron said but it didn't look right. I am interested in knowing how to put the tags/flags on in the regedit so is there something I could be doing wrong?