PCI TV/FM Tuner Card

ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
edited December 2004 in Hardware
Been thinkin about throwing one of these in the rig.
Anything I should do/not do, get/not get? :help:

Basicly just looking to utilize the pc to watch basic cable tv, maybe record a show here or there. Rig specs in sig. :cool:

Comments

• yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited December 2004
    I've invested into a few thinking tv would be great and radio would be awesome, but I was wrong... I returned or sold everyone I got. Picture quality typically lags badly, FM reception isn't good (both with the big long T-dipole antenna and with separetly purchased antennas including amplified), and it doesn't compete with a tv and a radio in the same room.

You might be different, but I was sure dissapointed, the things in theory and the features of many would be awesome if they worked well.
  • edited December 2004
    I have one and I use it all the time. Older machines (Pentium 2 era and older) used to have many problems with prosessing the image in time with the audio, but these days it's not a problem at all.

I've replaced my TV/VRC with my computer and a 21" monitor. I don't miss the "real" TV set at all.

I couldn't tell you what the radio reception is like. Mine can do it, but I've never even bothered to try it because I never listen to the radio in the first place
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    edited December 2004
    Zuntar wrote:
    Been thinkin about throwing one of these in the rig.
    Anything I should do/not do, get/not get? :help:

Basicly just looking to utilize the pc to watch basic cable tv, maybe record a show here or there. Rig specs in sig. :cool:
    Well I have the ati TV wonder pro and it works great. I had an incompatibility problem with my realtech integrated sound card so I just took an old SB live card and used it but also still using my HD realtech sound card.