Psp or ds?

edited August 2006 in Gaming
I know the psp has better graphics but i still think that due to the originality of the ds it could turn out to be a much better machiene. Ane1 else agree?

Comments

• edited April 2005
    Not really... I'm still bitter about getting an N64 instead of a Playstation though...
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Man, rapture. Not having a good day? First blasting on HL2, and now the DS...

I'm just messing with ya, man. :p

I think it will be an interesting competition. The DS does show a lot of originality in the hand held market, but the PSP has an assload of cool features. They're both in different price ranges for the most part, and there are a ton of Sony fanboys as well as Nintendo fanboys.

As much of a Nintendo fan as I've always been (not a fanboy, as I love all the systems), I think I'd prefer a PSP over a DS. Now, currently the price is a bit to high for me. When it gets a larger game library (not just a bunch of games, but a bunch of GOOD games), and drops at least $50, then I'll consider purchasing. At its current state, I see no reason to drop the dough. Especially since I am usually never anywhere where it would be useful to have a handheld gaming system.

That's my $0.02. Take it as you will. :)
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    PSP. Won't be long now (and probably already happened) until you can "try" game for the PSP for the long term :D I don't have either, although I've played with the DS and was really impressed, but this has the makings of one of those Tyson fights from early on in his career, you know the kind where he'd knock some poor bastard out in 20 seconds in the second round. I think the PSP is going to be the machine that finally dethrones Nintendo in the handheld gaming market.
  • edited April 2005
    Not really... I'm still bitter about getting an N64 instead of a Playstation though...

Agreed, way back when goldeneye came out, woot I bought a n64. To my dismay most of the games involved little furry creatures doing cute things....
    Instead of say, a samurai kickin bum.

ps will prob win.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Being that I have had the amazing pleasure of playing with my cousins PSP, and owning a Nintendo DS. I wouldn't think twice about trading in my DS for a PSP if I could amke up the extra money. The PSP is simply gorgeous, the graphics are amazing, and the features outweigh the touchscreen in the DS.

Right now though, I am just bitter that all I have for my DS is Mario 64 DS and a DEMO of Hunters. I don't enjoy playing either, I'm mostly using it as a Gameboy SP so I can play the original FF games, and some of my brothers advance/sp games. It's still neat, and it looks like good games are on their way, but playing with a touch screen can be so annoying even after you get used to it.

For example, in the Hunters Metriod Prime game when you touch the screen it automatically fires your cannon, and all I am trying to do is turn around. Having one hand holding the DS and one hand controlling the wand doesn't leave too many hands for the other buttons you may need to use. ;)
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited April 2005
    I like N64. How dare you! I don't know about the handhelds, I just don't think the PSP is going to get too much attention, as it is new and way to expensive. Of course with dummies wasting over 300 or 400 bucks for an ipod price might not be a factor.
  • Nive11enNive11en Europe
    edited April 2005
    yagga wrote:
    Of course with dummies wasting over 300 or 400 bucks for an ipod price might not be a factor.
    Well, I'm planning to starve myself a little bit. Maybe I can afford the PSP sooner or later :fu:

DS is a original idea and deserves a thumbs up. Although from what I read on forums etc, people are just totally amazed at the PSP.
    PSP is better due to higher user-friendliness, bigger screen (and very very high quality), this is why it's winning. Although I have no idea how the prices compare, I don't know what a DS sells for.
    edited April 2005
    Nive11en wrote:
    Well, I'm planning to starve myself a little bit. Maybe I can afford the PSP sooner or later :fu:

DS is a original idea and deserves a thumbs up. Although from what I read on forums etc, people are just totally amazed at the PSP.
    PSP is better due to higher user-friendliness, bigger screen (and very very high quality), this is why it's winning. Although I have no idea how the prices compare, I don't know what a DS sells for.

Hey Nive11en, long time no see! What do I need to do to get you back up and folding again? :)
    edited May 2005
    It scares me when I see the degrees of temperature jump and when my sexeh A64 just sweats with all this folding.
    edited May 2005
    it's a thrilling rush aint it?
  • Fatal-MalfunctionFatal-Malfunction Underground Bunker In Cuba
    edited May 2005
    Only game I recall enjoying on the N64 was Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and Conkers Bad Fur Day

The trick... bought a PS and a N64

PSP 4 life
    edited May 2005
    Best games for N64 were Goldeneye, Zelda (the first one) and finally Super Smash Brothers which was extreme fun when played with 4 total people.
    edited May 2005
    Yeah, SS too, couldn't remember if it came out with Gamecube first though
    edited May 2005
    the gamecube version wasn't nearly as fun, sort of the same deal with the mario party games
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited May 2005
    didnt they just come out with a gameboy emulator for the DS?
    edited May 2005
    Mario Kart Double Dash had its moments
  • edited November 2005
    I have a DS, but I've used it mostly for Advance games so far. I'm going to get Animal Crossing DS this December, though. So I'll get some use out of it then~ I wish the micro had come out before the DS, though. I would have just bought that and gone with a PSP later on. I want to play Liberty City Stories. :(
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2005
    I broke down and picked up a DS for $149cdn I can't justify paying double that for a PSP. I like the types of games the DS has more, simple, little quirky games that I can play for 5 mins or 30 mins as time may be. Plus with the stylus control it's a different type of gaming and not just the same stuff I'm getting on my xbox.

Plus if I want movies simple enough for another $100 put in a SanDisk reader and then I can watch movies on it or listen to music.
  • EvaEva
    edited December 2005
    Well comparing the sports games i played on ds to psp id have to say psp kills it with nba 06 alone...
  • DemrudvohDemrudvoh USA
    edited August 2006
    Good news
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2006
    Demrudvoh wrote:
    Good news

You going to let the rest of us in on this Good News?