edited November 2005 in The Pub
Im I missing something, all is too quiet around here.:confused:

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA
    edited November 2005
    places to go People to do!
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec
    edited November 2005
    ya its been quiet lately, maybe its time to call it quits?
    edited November 2005
    F no! whats wrong wit j00
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec
    edited November 2005
    im sorry man, im just depressed today :(
    edited November 2005
    Go crusie the Pr0n section that will Perk you up!
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales
    edited November 2005
    As you can see, I don’t post here really at all but I still visit Icrontic every day so I had to say something on this subject.

I first joined Icrontic many, many years ago when it was still called Apu's Hardware. At first I wasn’t sure I was going to hang around but then I got a KT7 board and it was the place to get all the information I needed so I stuck with it. Apu's Hardware changed and grew into Icrontic with a great sense of community, sure we had our fair share of idiots and misfits but that’s what made you come back again and again. Then the hack came, and it all went wrong, we had no-where to go. Sure enough Short-Media was created out of the ashes and has grew and grew but no matter what Icrontic is still what people remember and would love to see great again.

Icrontic needs some focus, something to concentrate on, something that makes people come back to time and time again like they used to in the past. I don’t have the answers, I wish I did but now is not the time to give up, Icrontic is down on the ropes but it’s not dead yet. Whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Maybe bring in some new blood on the staff with some new ideas, this has worked in other places in the past and maybe that’s what you need to do here.

No matter what, always remember that Icrontic was great once and with a bit of focus and a little luck, it can be great again.
    edited November 2005
    I say we go back to the Apus hardware!
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales
    edited November 2005
    But that would be like taking a step backwards, and you really need to look forwards in times like this.
  • LiLbRoLiLbRo Troy, Michigan
    edited November 2005
    I dont really have time to post anymore. hell, Id ont really have anyhting TO post anymore...
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2005
    That's kinda my whole thing. I have time to post. Just not feeling inspired to post anything. Not sure what it is. Not planning on dropping off. But really without new blood the site's going to die a slow death.
  • edited November 2005
    The KT7 (and KT7a) info is what brought me here too. The FAQs and the sheer amount of info on the main page in those days was great, the forums were a place for the people who used it to hang out.

More recently Icrontic has become a message board, its not a tech site any more which is why I feel we dont see anywhere near the same numbers.
  • NYCDrewNYCDrew NYC(duh)
    edited November 2005
    This site used to be the authority on alot of this stuff.
  • naginaoenaginaoe Florida
    edited November 2005
    so why cant we get it back like that? it may be looking back but its still a step tword a better icrontic.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina
    edited November 2005
    Well...BY GOD people post on the board and stop reminiscing!!!!:D

Seriously, pick a topic and talk....what upgrades do you plan / want to do?

What issues have you come across lately and how did you resolve them?

Any new apps / software / utilities that you've used or heard about?

It isn't about whether YOU need help, its about passing of information and exchanging of ideas and solutions!!!!!.;)
  • edited November 2005
    That's because I was gone :P