Short-Media.com: 6.2.03 - 6.2.07

Comments

• BuiesCreek847BuiesCreek847 In a van, down by the river, NC Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Hey folks! :cool2:

Congrats on the upcoming plans. I know this has been something y'all have wanted for some time. I can't get over how long it's been since we had y'all for the sleep-over. Looking back, it was fun (not the hacking).

Having back-ups is one thing, having working back-ups is something else. :eek:

Y'all be smart. I'll see ya in the new digs. :wink:

David (BC / Former AMDMB.com hotel manager)
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2007
    Good to see you stop in BC!
  • LiLbRoLiLbRo Troy, Michigan
    edited May 2007
    :cool:
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    :D
    when I first saw the flash present Drnk:rolleyes:
    I said holly F%$^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Keebler wrote:
    A well-timed question. Now finished: The Story So Far: Icrontic.com's History.

Thanks for the article, guys! There were so many little details that I didn't have exactly right.
  • TigsmanTigsman Lawrenceville, GA
    edited May 2007
    lots and lots of names i aint seen in a very long time in this thread. Glad to see y'all again and seeing IC coming home

T
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Buies and Tigs: really great to see you both :cool: I hope, after we start publishing June 4, you all find reason to stop by more often. It's good having you around.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    a2jfreak wrote:
    Truth!

.......................................... Parenthood is the most wonderful gift God gave us aside from Christ.

Amen brother!!! Parenthood, The most difficult and rewarding job ever!!

Keebler wrote:
    A well-timed question. Now finished: The Story So Far: Icrontic.com's History.

WELL DONE!!:respect:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Hello, everyone! Sorry to add to this so late. I've just returned from being out of state for over a week without a computer.
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited May 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    I've just returned from being out of state for over a week without a computer.

Hehe- good to hear form you again, Leo- I was just wondering what was up. I've been living on the road a while too and I can attest to the fact that some places haven't even adopted the word "internet" into their vocabulary yet either.

At any rate, it sounds like many here are going to be having some collegiate-age nostalgic euphoria for a while. Ahem, I can't even remember that far back anymore ... :( ... :confused: ... oh ... now I remember something ... :D
  • jmoney3457jmoney3457 Maine
    edited May 2007
    we're still going to be able to do F@H correct?
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    jmoney3457 wrote:
    we're still going to be able to do F@H correct?

Most definitely. :D
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Folding will always be a big thing around here... :D
  • jmoney3457jmoney3457 Maine
    edited May 2007
    jared wrote:
    Most definitely. :D

excellant:)
  • edited May 2007
    Won't need the -ic any more!
    edited May 2007
    The new design and interface were finished yesterday :) Bug-squashing now. Consider the current SM site the beta version of what's to come. :D
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Keebler wrote:
    The new design and interface were finished yesterday :) Bug-squashing now. Consider the current SM site the beta version of what's to come. :D
    Awesome! Looking forward to it!
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited May 2007
    Just checking here, there will be a redirect to the new site from SM ? forum lurkers and nonmembers will get confused otherwise:confused:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Oh yes, the domain will be seamlessly redirected
    edited May 2007
    Please make sure your registered e-mails are the same on both sites!! (If you have accounts on both).

We're putting the last touches on it, writing our "About" pages, and tidying up a few minor bugs with the help of the staff. Less than 36 hours now I think. :)
    edited May 2007
    What's the correct smiley for {giddy}? Cannot wait... it's like the Dark Crystal Movie!!! :D
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Very Nice work gents.
    I'm proud to be a member here.
    And It's nice to see some old names showing back up.
    If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know friends.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    writing our "About" pages
    It was a real treat seeing the refreshed site and reading the history piece last night before bed. Solid.
    edited June 2007
    We have successfully redirected the Short-Media domain! All SM articles, news, etc map directly to their counterparts on the new Icrontic domain, with a special message (301) to Google et. al. that it's permanent, so they should update their search engine links :) I also permanently removed the 'www' from the address. Good to go!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    aaaaannnnndddddd..

done. :) Good work, Matt.
  • KwitkoKwitko
    puts all of Keebler's drinks for the next week on his tab.
    Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    puts all of Keebler's drinks for the next week on his tab.
    edited June 2007
    type "icrontic" into the address bar... it resolves to "http://icrontic.com" and there is our new front page!!!! SWEET!!!
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited June 2007
    Oh this is new :)
  • IndigoRedIndigoRed Perth Western Australia Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Welcome back Icrontic, tho never really gone. I'm glad to be a part of the new-old legacy. Let us respectfully Rock!
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    This is awesome! And the new design looks spectacular too! Hats off to Matt, Brian and everyone else who helped. Sorry to say I haven't even been around much lately.

This isn't a merger. It is a permanent family reunion in a new house! :D