Have you seen the London 2012 Olympics logo ?

nonstop301nonstop301 51° 27' 24.87" N // 0° 11' 38.91" W
edited June 2007 in The Pub

Comments

• ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX
    edited June 2007
    It looks like the 1980s vomited on a neon sign.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina
    edited June 2007
    I hope they didn't pay to much for that.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell
    edited June 2007
    You should have seen the first draft:

olympics.jpg
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California
    edited June 2007
    I am willing to bet, some London Smuck got paid a pretty penny for all that Pink crap!
  • edited June 2007
    around about £400,000... yeah i know. I am glad i don't pay taxes..
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA
    edited June 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    It looks like the 1980s vomited on a neon sign.

WOW! My exact thought.....

.....EEEEKKK!! Just realized I've been hanging around Thrax too much, starting to think like him..... Hope this isn't catch.... *gasp...... We are the THRAX, resistance is futile.......
    edited June 2007
    We are the Thrax. Resistance is futile. Your cultural and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA
    edited June 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    We are the Thrax. Resistance is futile. Your cultural and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own.
    BUT... as you indicated above, you in fact must assimilate that logo into your collective. That means you now contain a neon pink 1980's barf art... THAT will be the downfall of the THRAX...

The worlds plan has worked... the THRAX will begin to fail. Next step... dressing like a fairy with green tights... Oh wait, THRAX has already done that!!! ;D
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA
    edited June 2007
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Next step... dressing like a fairy with green tights... Oh wait, THRAX has already done that!!! ;D

Screen shot or it didnt happen. :D
  • Red-DawnRed-Dawn Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited June 2007
    I'll be honest, it looks like the design company were lacking idea's for the new logo and during a bring your child to work day a 2yr old scribbled it on the back of a memo. Nice to see my Tax £'s being well spent :)

But then again i could be wrong
    edited June 2007
    Since you ASKED.... attachment.php?attachmentid=9986&d=1089387869

Member Photochop Thread
    edited June 2007
    It's amazing. Photoshop dresses me in the morning.

//edit: That logo would be like the borg virus developed by JEAN-LUC PICARD OF THE USS ENTERPRISE.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited June 2007
    I think as a logo it says it all really. olympics=nonsense. Bah humbug!
  • nonstop301nonstop301 51° 27' 24.87" N // 0° 11' 38.91" W
    edited June 2007
    If you look at it from a diffrerent angle it magically reveals the message it's supposed to convey :)
    edited June 2007
    nonstop301 wrote:
    If you look at it from a diffrerent angle it magically reveals the message it's supposed to convey :)

http://xs216.xs.to/xs216/07231/2012_logo.jpg

rofl
    edited June 2007
    don't get it...
    edited June 2007
    It's a shark.
  • RWBRWB
    edited June 2007
    QCH2002 wrote:
    don't get it...

it's ****. ;D
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited June 2007
    dude, that logo is the shiz, literally.
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England
    edited June 2007
    bothered wrote:
    I think as a logo it says it all really. olympics=nonsense. Bah humbug!

No! The Olympic Games epitomise the amateur athlete... oh except they're been mostly professionals for years!

Check this out!!

http://www.london2012.org/about-newlook-video.html

~Cyrix
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh
    edited June 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    It's amazing. Photoshop dresses me in the morning.

//edit: That logo would be like the borg virus developed by JEAN-LUC PICARD OF THE USS ENTERPRISE.

More like THE GOOD SHIP LOLLIPOP.
  • osaddictosaddict London, UK
    edited June 2007
    I think its pretty rubbish to be honest.

Firstly - being a Londoner - why on earth does London not get a capital L - ffs! - That's just wrong!

Also if I was a 'youth' that they were trying to appeal to I may be offended- like they can only appeal to young people by defying the rules of the English language?!!

The classic logo they had with the London in caps and the ribon kinda weaving thru looked far nicer.

Hella funny that they had to take the animated version off their site as it causes people to have fits! (well funny in one way but obviously very bad and a total cock up in another)
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited June 2007
    osaddict wrote:
    I think its pretty rubbish to be honest.

Firstly - being a Londoner - why on earth does London not get a capital L - ffs! - That's just wrong!

Also if I was a 'youth' that they were trying to appeal to I may be offended- like they can only appeal to young people by defying the rules of the English language?!!

The classic logo they had with the London in caps and the ribon kinda weaving thru looked far nicer.

Hella funny that they had to take the animated version off their site as it causes people to have fits! (well funny in one way but obviously very bad and a total cock up in another)

Yes! the logo is a total cock up!

Btw, what exactly does "a total cock up" mean? Sorry, im trying to figure out english slang.
  • osaddictosaddict London, UK
    edited June 2007
    'A total cock-up' would be used to suggest something had gone completly wrong.

Microsoft releasing vista and discovering their Zune player did not function with it would be an example of a total cock-up

In this context I am implying someone 'cocked up' i.e. made a big error by not following the procedure to test the logo to insure it would not enduce fits (aparantly there's a machine they can feed it through or something! - was on BBC Breakfast this morning lol)
    edited June 2007
    ;D best thread ever.
    edited June 2007
    osaddict wrote:
    'A total cock-up'

lol
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI
    edited June 2007
    Normally I try to look on the bright side of things, but I've tried - and that logo honestly does just plain suck.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina
    edited June 2007
    Ok so let me know if I get this right. Should Paris Hilton have told the judge that she totally cocked up and got caught driving under the influence? Maybe then she wouldn't be sent to Jail.
    edited June 2007
    Can you use it like that? I believe cock-up may be a post hoc recognition of events. Not a verb, so much as an adjective.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California
    edited June 2007
    RWB is that a Cat snuggels on some Boobs?

Paris Hilton needs to be shot...