Options

I want to download a virus and spyware

Hey All,

First off you've got a great forum, really helpful and informative. This might be a weird request but it has a good purpose. I am interested in downloading a virus and spyware onto a new system to teach kids how to remove them.

I am going to be teaching kids how to repair their infected windows system and would love to use the resources here on this website to do so.

If i need permission to use the resources in this forum, please consider this my request which is not for commercial use.

Thanks in advance,
-alex

Comments

• edited June 2007
    I don't think we can help directly on such a request. Our help here is to remove/stop such infections.

The only thing I can suggest is that you find a computer that doesn't have any data or programs you want to keep safe then hook it up to the net. Browse the web without a firewall or antivirus protection.

The computer will most likely become infected with some malware very quickly (but don't come back here asking for our help to fix it!! :wink:)

MM
  • edited June 2007
    musicman wrote:
    I don't think we can help directly on such a request. Our help here is to remove/stop such infections.

The only thing I can suggest is that you find a computer that doesn't have any data or programs you want to keep safe then hook it up to the net. Browse the web without a firewall or antivirus protection.

The computer will most likely become infected with some malware very quickly (but don't come back here asking for our help to fix it!! :wink:)

MM

MM,

The system we plan to infect has no purpose or important data on it. Its only use would be to infect and try to repair. Simply for eductional purposes.

Thanks for the input though, i'll try to figure something out! Load some party poker haha.
  • edited June 2007
    Read this Wiki article from Wikipedia, I believe it has everything you are looking for. Word of advice don't go to the url that is listed there on a regular PC, as that's the originating site. One that hundreds here have had to spend hours to remove.

Just got done showing the actual site to some friends from a Linux computer but with using linux built in security to not allow downloads or unwanted traffic (iptables/guard/watchdog)

It's not easy to remove without anti spyware software though. I'd suggest checking out McAfee and Symantec's instructions before visiting that site from the computer I don't know if it works, but I don't want to have to actually go through the process and be in that situation.

Good Luck also make sure that the computer is isolated from the network, make sure your network administrator knows about this so it can be put on a separate VLAN by itself, as malware these days can infect other computers on the network.

If it is not isolated and you did not inform the network administrator/ get approval you might find yourself out of a job, if it escalates throughout the rest of the network so be careful and go through the right people before doing this.