SMX info?

DonutDonut Maine New
edited August 2007 in Folding@Home
Is there any way to get the SMX listings back? ie. machine specs, hosts.

I was checking at EOC stats and noticed a few idle rigs, but couldn't look up the specs for said rigs.

In case anybody's interested.

IC-8
IC-9
SM-15
SM-20
SM-28
SM-29
SM-30
SM-33

The rigs in question might be having issues, the host is on vacation, etc. I didn't bother yet to search the thread for more info.

BTW-what's going on with the 2 folding teams?

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    • The Team Staff has been doing semi-routine checkups on the rigs. The main F@H page is not up yet. We have all the specs around somewhere.
    • Some of the rigs are in different states of refitting, dead due to bad parts, or.... missing.
    • As for the Team stuff... The SM Team Staff is discussing possible plans and determining the next step. Whatever happens, we will ask for Team support before doing anything, assuming we CAN do anything. Right now.. we're working on it. Sorry... the Team stuff is a bit more difficult to work on than the site merger. We have to deal with Stanford and such.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Thanks for doing this checking, Donut!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    QCH2002 wrote:
    The Team stuff is a bit more difficult to work on than the site merger.

:wtf:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    QCH2002 wrote:
    The Team stuff is a bit more difficult to work on than the site merger.
    :wtf:

ROFL[c]

Keebs is totally gonna beat your arse, Q! ;D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2007
    Donut wrote:
    ...I was checking at EOC stats and noticed a few idle rigs...

IC-9

SM9 turned in a WU a week ago and is running just fine. It just takes this slow machine a while with the 574-pointers. (And the 206-pointers, and the...)

It ought to be finished with it's current WU sometime this evening.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    QCH2002 wrote:
    the Team stuff is a bit more difficult to work on than the site merger. We have to deal with Stanford and such.

:whatever:
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    SM 28 seems to be missing deadlines somewhat often...
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited June 2007
    profdlp wrote:
    SM9 turned in a WU a week ago and is running just fine. It just takes this slow machine a while with the 574-pointers. (And the 206-pointers, and the...)

It ought to be finished with it's current WU sometime this evening.

Sorry Prof,

I was doing a quick scan through the stats and noted the greyed out ones.:o I should have checked when the last wu was turned in also.:banghead:
    I don't mean to offend any hosts by any means! If I do I'm sorry.:(
    QCH2002
    • The Team Staff has been doing semi-routine checkups on the rigs. The main F@H page is not up yet. We have all the specs around somewhere.
    • Some of the rigs are in different states of refitting, dead due to bad parts, or.... missing.
    this is good to know Q. With all the big happenings lately, (and I was gone for a few weeks) I seem to be lacking somewhat.

Basically it was meant to be a check-up of the SMX project. (is it still the SMX project now that SM is history?:scratch:)
    edited June 2007
    Ok, Ok... My logic is that it was tough for a few people but do-able. Changes regarding the Team may not be possible and may envolve a ton of people that we have no control over. Tough as far as the potential.

The site merger was never a doubt... I knew Matt and Brain could handle it... I was not questioning the difficulty. (Done back tracking for now...) :D
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited July 2007
    Sorry its been so long I am very busy, Prime knows where to get a hold of me. SM 20 is still floding and according to the latest folding log shes folding as fast as she can.
    edited July 2007
    Thanks for the update, gtghm!!! There are some cool things in store for the SMx Project!!! ;)
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited August 2007
    woo hoo... SM20 reported...

Thanks guys
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    I was checking at EOC stats and noticed a few idle rigs, but couldn't look up the specs for said rigs.
    To be blunt:

1) There are a few completely obsolete machines out there in the SMx/ICx mix as well as a couple broken ones. There are plans in the works to fix that. The concept is already formulated, but we (SMx Committee) haven't finalized the details, which is always the toughest part of any action plan.

2) There are also a few deadbeat hosts out there - probably good people all, but hosts who nevertheless have lost interest in hosting Team 93 machines or don't bother to monitor their ICx/SMx computers. There is a solution in the works for this as well.

3) Clearly, the "donated computer project" is in an outdated phase now that has been overtaken by the events of rapidly advancing hardware and software technology. The ICx committee recognizes these challenges and is on next-phase plans. We are loyal and excited about Team 93 and strongly desire to watch excel as much in future as it has in the past. We would have loved to have corrected SMx/ICx systemic problems by now, but want to make sure our plans are practical and forward thinking before they are implemented.