Short-Media.com: 6.2.03 - 6.2.07

1235»

Comments

• ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Mt_Goat wrote:
    This is awesome! And the new design looks spectacular too! Hats off to Matt, Brian and everyone else who helped. Sorry to say I haven't even been around much lately.

This isn't a merger. It is a permanent family reunion in a new house! :D

AMEN!!!!:bigggrin:
  • edited June 2007
    Wow, I haven't gotten Icrontic email in years.

Glad to meet you all (and happy to see some familiar faces here too). For those of you who don't know me, I was an old hardware reviewer/moderator for Apu's Hardware/Icrontic.com way back in the day. I used to read their KT7-RAID FAQ when I was learning to build my first computer. I remember a lot of people like Mortin, Celcho, OPPAINTER, ImaginAsian, Leonardo and others who helped build Icrontic to its height. :D

Those were some good days, even after all hell broke loose at Icrontic with the site hack and what-not, and it kinda split into Bitbender Forums and Short-Media.

But it's good to hear that Icrontic still exists. I'll try to stay as active in the forums as I can.

-DK-
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    There he is! I was hoping you'd at least pop in. Good to see you, man. :cool:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Hey DK... While I have been here awhile, I'm sorry to say I haven't met you. Welcome back and thanks for stopping in. I hope you pop in more. We can always use more of that Icrontic Fire of yesteryear!!! :D
    edited June 2007
    Darksword (along with mr.fu) was just finishing up his tour of duty as a supermod when I joined the staff back on the original Icrontic. :)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Darksword! Good to see you! You're still using the same avatar, even. Wow, nostalgia.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Some Avatars just age well :)
  • wb22ruleswb22rules Central Va.
    edited June 2007
    Congrats gentlemen :thumbup
    Looks Great ;)
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited June 2007
    Getting an e-mail from Icrontic.com was a bit of a surprise. The even larger surprise was reading the contents of that e-mail. :)

Looks like the move was a success.

I'm not much of a regular anymore (and haven't been for a long time), but I still do lurk from time to time.

The more things change... the more they stay the same. :)

Best of luck with the new site all!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Good to see you again, SimGuy!
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited August 2007
    I didn't want to give more credit to the "admin" than was due, so I left the name out. Nobody's quite sure what happened to Tex. He had some legal troubles and pretty much dropped offline about a year ago.

"legal" troubles ???

Where in the heck did that come from? Woman troubles..... Yes!!! but LEGAL problems?

For gawds sakes. The rumors that crop up in these forums are scary. (grin)

Working my butt off all over this country. Been to Dallas, Duhlaware (trust me that IS the correct spelling) and just got off a 7 month gig in Memphis. Back in Texas for now.

LEGAL PROBLEMS ??? Oh please.....

Tex
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    TEJAS!!!! Oh My Gosh! Glad to see you.

;) You shoulda heard the other rumours...
    - Abducted by rogue overclockers.
    - Witness protection program.
    - Won the lotto and moved to Switzerland.
    - Accident caused amnesia and you forgot everyting...
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Dat May 24th tho.

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

@kanezfan said:
    I love getting emails from IC, I read through this whole thread, it brought back a lot of memories. This site was one of the best parts of my life back then. I think I'll stick stick around some more from now on :D

Welcome home!

BuddyJkanezfan
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

@kanezfan said:
    I love getting emails from IC, I read through this whole thread, it brought back a lot of memories. This site was one of the best parts of my life back then. I think I'll stick stick around some more from now on :D

YOU NEVER LEFT THOUGH, RIGHT? <3

BuddyJ
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

@kanezfan said:

We missed you!

kanezfan
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian

@primesuspect said:

@kanezfan said:

YOU NEVER LEFT THOUGH, RIGHT? <3

Tony Bennett left his heart in San Francisco, I left my heart at Icrontic.com

primesuspect
  • IndigoRedIndigoRed Perth Western Australia Icrontian

I must have been dropped off the notification list because I haven't seen you guys in ages. I'm glad I'm back on it and good to see this community is as awesome as ever! Welcome back into my life! :D

primesuspectLincWinfrey
  • MethoDMethoD Durham, NC Member

Let the good times and nostalgia roll

edited May 2017

@MethoD said:
    Let the good times and nostalgia roll

"the_real_MethoD" made my head hurt at the injustice of it. I kicked the name squatter and fixed this.

WinfreyMethoD
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

Gettin' the B& back together boys!

• MethoDMethoD Durham, NC Member

Oh yeah, puts on glove, this feels right, again :beer:

kanezfan
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian

Kind of off topic but since I've been gone so long, what does this real talk button do? Is it a way for us to discuss hard hitting topics such as teen pregnancy or health care? "Real Talk with Primesuspect, tonight at 9 on HBO."

If Icrontic had a talk show, that's what it would be.

primesuspectUPSLynxMassalinie

Two weeks...

Mere days... this seems like it could be a big month.

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2017

Good things are worth the wait.

BuddyJLincWinfrey