Tetley Tea from the UK :)

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited December 2007 in Food & Drink
Well I ordered some Tetley Tea based on Dan's and Brian's suggestions :) But when I ordered the Tea I thought I was only getting 80 little Tea bags from the UK.

Was I wrong!!!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=23989&stc=1&d=1190001550

Try 480!!!!

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    That's the one! :p

Okay, so let's let sir bothered or sir shorty or one of the other fine Englishmen (or ladies!) explain the process. :D

(Boil the kettle, pour the rolling, boiling water on the bag in the mug, let it steep for a good 3-5 minutes, use a spoon to squeeze the remainder of the tea from the bag, remove bag with spoon, add sugar, add milk, stir, enjoy)
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    480 bags!!! I can't drink this much tea! anyone want to buy a few bags?
    edited September 2007
    How much sugar & milk should be added? for the perfect cup? :)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    How much sugar & milk should be added? for the perfect cup? :)
    I'd say you have enough to experiment with! ;D
    edited September 2007
    To much is the word...
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Do not add too much milk!!! Sugar is to your own taste but the amount of milk is critical ;)
    edited September 2007
    Shorty wrote:
    Do not add too much milk!!! Sugar is to your own taste but the amount of milk is critical ;)
    That's true. More than the correct splash and the whole thing will taste icky creamy.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited September 2007
    To much is the word...

1st, there is no such thing as too much Tea.
    Its all been said about milk and sugar. Quite a lot of people don't take sugar. Those that don't cannot understand how anybody can, they hate it. Experimentation is the way. I'd agree about the milk as well, too little is much better than too much. Other than that Primes directions are spot on except for maybe the squeezing of the bag, some Teaophiles say no, some say yes, its been the cause of many a brawl.
    edited September 2007
    You have to squeeze the bag! Mr Bothered, I squeezed the bag in the brew I made you yesterday sir! :D
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Shorty wrote:
    You have to squeeze the bag!

I told my girlfriend the same thing last night.
  • KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited September 2007
    For a change have lemon/iced tea
    edited September 2007
    Kwitko wrote:
    I told my girlfriend the same thing last night.
    you had to go there...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    .... that's what she said?
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Thanks Michael.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Don't squeeze the bag! That's not real tea. You think that people could squeeze the leaves before they had bags? no way. It's not done right unless you do it as if the bag's not there. Only use the bag to get the leaves in and out of the water.

No squeezing!
    edited September 2007
    I tired squeezed and Non squeezed. I prefer Squeezed, gives a stronger taste...
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    CB Droege wrote:
    Don't squeeze the bag! That's not real tea. You think that people could squeeze the leaves before they had bags? no way. It's not done right unless you do it as if the bag's not there. Only use the bag to get the leaves in and out of the water.

No squeezing!

Squeeze the bag! That's real tea. You think that people couldn't squeeze the leaves before they had bags? no way. It's done right when you do it with the bag as an aide. Use the bag to get the leaves in and out of the water, and for aiding in the squeeze.

Squeeze on!

;)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I tired squeezed and Non squeezed. I prefer Squeezed, gives a stronger taste...

See that's the thing:

Squeezing the bag just makes it more bitter... You want a good strong tea, just let it steep a little longer, and stir the bag around a little bit.
    Squeeze the bag! That's real tea. You think that people couldn't squeeze the leaves before they had bags? no way. It's done right when you do it with the bag as an aide. Use the bag to get the leaves in and out of the water, and for aiding in the squeeze.

Squeeze on!

;)

Et Tu, BJ?
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I believe the proper way to make tea is to put 2 bags in a porcelain teapot and pour in enough water for 3 cups. (not mugs) It's a good idea to swill some hot water around in the pot beforehand and then empty that out, just to warm the pot up a bit. Leave the bags to draw for a few minutes and pour the tea into the cup. That way there is no need to squeeze bags.

Many a debate has been had about whether to add milk before or after pouring the tea. I prefer before. That way you can regulate the amount of milk desired. If you a bit heavy handed you can always pour a bit out.

When forced to make a one cuppa, I too squeeze the bag, but only because I don't want the saturated bag dripping tea on the floor while I transfer it to the garbage bin.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Sorry CB. I squeeze the bag on the rare occasion I drink bag tea. But usually my tea is in one of those wire mesh balls, so squeezing is out of the question.
    edited September 2007
    bitter? maybe in your brand of tea :) I have now tried a nice group of about 30 tea's thanks to a new online company... While I am not a professional Tea drinker I found I get a better / stronger taste with a small squeeze.
    edited September 2007
    CB Droege wrote:

No squeezing!

Exactly 100% correct. Real purists don't squeeze their bags.
    CB Droege wrote:
    See that's the thing:

Squeezing the bag just makes it more bitter... You want a good strong tea, just let it steep a little longer, and stir the bag around a little bit.
    Et Tu, BJ?

And that's the answer. One of the most important things I have passed on to my kids is 'LET IT BREW'.
    Winga wrote:
    I believe the proper way to make tea is to put 2 bags in a porcelain teapot and pour in enough water for 3 cups. (not mugs) It's a good idea to swill some hot water around in the pot beforehand and then empty that out, just to warm the pot up a bit. Leave the bags to draw for a few minutes and pour the tea into the cup. That way there is no need to squeeze bags.
    bitter? maybe in your brand of tea :) I have now tried a nice group of about 30 tea's thanks to a new online company... While I am not a professional Tea drinker I found I get a better / stronger taste with a small squeeze.

See above.
    edited September 2007
    If shorty says Squeeze... I shall Squeeze :) I like the squeeze :)
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    This thread really delivers. Hawt.

<-- no squeeze!
    edited September 2007
    StainMeNow wrote:
    <-- no squeeze!
    How does Eli feel about that? :ninja:
    edited September 2007
    bothered wrote:
    .... the squeezing of the bag, some Teaophiles say no, some say yes, its been the cause of many a brawl.

See. It's happening here now.
    edited September 2007
    Mr Bothered ...

(squeezes teabag)

.. what have we started sir! :D
    edited September 2007
    Poll added! Votes are public so choose wisely :ninja:
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    if u havent sent out my box yet sledge go ahead and pop a bag in and ill pay ya
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited September 2007
    Keebler wrote:
    Poll added! Votes are public so choose wisely :ninja:
    Bit of a double edged teabag there Keebs ;D