A simple man

scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
edited September 2007 in Food & Drink
I used to try different kinds of beer but in the end I just settled for good old "Miller High Life " I used to buy it in bottles only but now I buy cans. $13.50 for a 30 pack. Along with a can crusher and it makes recycling easier.
To Quote the great commercial " $11.50 for a hamburger....ya'll must be crazy ! "

Fine spirits as well

Bourbon - Jim Beam neat
Vodka - Skyy also neat , and not any of that flavored stuff

I do like it cold though, keep the bottles inthe freezer. If it's warm then maybe an ice cube or 2.

Coffee - Folgers on the weak side with a little sugar.

Simple pleasures for a simple man

Scott

It's 5:30 somewhere....think I'll have a beer ! :beer:

Comments

• SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited September 2007
    Yay for the simple pleasures excellent choices scott :bigggrin:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    My "everyman's" beer is Pabst Blue Ribbon :D

PBR in a wineglass for me, please!
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited September 2007
    I'm with ya Prime. Gotta love a good Strohs or PBR on a cold day. I also like Jack on the rocks, but that's a liver eater.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    My simple beer is Coors Light. Sometimes, a silver bullet is all that's needed to quench your thirst.
  • edited September 2007
    Yeah, Coors Light is about the only beer I can drink more than 1 of nowdays without tearing my stomach up. I can't hardly even sniff a Bu or Bud Light without my stomach bloating the hell now and Bud was at one time my beer of choice.

And yes, back in my college days we used to knock off the old PBR too. It was cheap, which was a highly qualifying matter back then and you could get commode hugging drunk of less than $5. :D If I remember correctly PBR used to cost around $0.60 a quart back then. After we finished off the stocks of Lone Star at the liguor store ($0.50/qt) we went on to Old Milwaukee ($0.55/quart) and PBR.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I drink Coors Light for the water. I'm told that I need a half gallon of water a day to be healthy.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I drink Coors Light for the water. I'm told that I need a half gallon of water a day to be healthy.

:cheers:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    My everyman's beer has to be Bud Light.. It's cheap as hell, and when you've nothing left, it's so bland you don't even notice it.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    My everyman's beer has to be Bud Light.. It's cheap as hell, and when you've nothing left, it's so bland you don't even notice it.

Yup, that or Miller Lite since I'm anti St. Louis everything ;)

$3.99 six pack of bud light cant be beat when ya a poor sob :beer:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    We gave away a cooler of Bud to some undergrads down the street a couple weeks ago. Nobody wanted to take it home after the party.

If I can't be a beer snob, then I'll probably drink Miller Lite.
  • Bad_KarmaBad_Karma The Great White North
    edited September 2007
    "$13.50 for a 30 pack"

I live in Alberta, Canada and the government loves to tax the crap out of anything alcoholic. Your sweet sweet 30 pack here would cost about $45 CND/USD. Anyone want to make a thousand mile beer run for me?
  • MadballMadball Fort Benton, MT
    edited September 2007
    I used to frequent Alberta when I was in high school. But I swear it had nothing to do with the lower drinking age ;)

Labatt Blue was a favorite of mine.
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Bad_Karma wrote:

I live in Alberta, Canada

Back in the 70's a buddy and I would go to Toronto ( Young Street ) every summer. Man we had a blast, spend most of the day at the science center then the evening on Young street. One year we went up to Algonquin Prov. park and camped for a week. We always got a case or 2 of Molson's "Export".

It took us 2 years to figure out it was called "Import" in the states . :o

Ahhh the good old days and mis-spent youth !

Scott
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I've had a couple of Molson XXXs tonight. Very tasty. And somewhat potent. :cheers2:
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I love Molson's!! I typically drink Molson Canadian due to the wonderfully clean finish (Had one last night BTW) but the occasional episode of XXX's does happen. And yes, they are potent!

My coworker visits Buffalo NY about 6 to 8 times a year, and he brings us back a couple of Exports from duty free when he can. Mmmmm yum!
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Moosehead%20Lager.jpg
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    pbr/coors light
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    A really great Molson's ad you won't see on TV.

HERE

I doubt it is real but I like it !

Scott
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    scott wrote:

HERE

Scott

Haha I loved it!

"What to drink, when you're chasing beaver!" - Brilliant!
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    scott wrote:

HERE

Scott

That was Great :) ads like that would sell Beer:cheers:
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    scott wrote:
    I used to try different kinds of beer but in the end I just settled for good old "Miller High Life " I used to buy it in bottles only but now I buy cans. $13.50 for a 30 pack. Along with a can crusher and it makes recycling easier.
    Bad_Karma wrote:
    "$13.50 for a 30 pack"

I live in Alberta, Canada and the government loves to tax the crap out of anything alcoholic. Your sweet sweet 30 pack here would cost about $45 CND/USD. Anyone want to make a thousand mile beer run for me?

Well, in norway, a 30 pack of quite cheap beer would cost round $80 USD. Yeah. And thats WITHOUT a handy can crusher.
  • Bad_KarmaBad_Karma The Great White North
    edited September 2007
    Jokke wrote:
    Well, in norway, a 30 pack of quite cheap beer would cost round $80 USD. Yeah. And thats WITHOUT a handy can crusher.

:eek:
    Wow. That's insane. I thought we had a high tax on liquor.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited September 2007
    Yeah but up there they got less violent crimes because people aren't DRUNK and running people over, or want beer money.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Yeah but up there they got less violent crimes because people aren't DRUNK and running people over, or want beer money.

Yowza.

My poor man's beer is Lionshead. The caps have those puzzles with the pictures to make up words or phrases (I don't remember what they're called and I'm too lazy to look it up) on them.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Hm, well, I would say people are violent enough up here. People drive while drunk up here. On an average weekend, the drunken arrests get so crowded we have to let people back out on the street, so drunk they don't know where they are. We have beggars here. People die from alcohol poisoning. America has more accidents, more violence, and more crimes, but you have also got more PEOPLE!
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    mas0n wrote:
    Moosehead%20Lager.jpg

...Ah homebrew (NB born!) ; but I swear the red bottle is even better!
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    MMmmm..... Moosehead, bin awhile since I've had one of those. Never seen the pale ale, good eh?
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Zuntar wrote:
    MMmmm..... Moosehead, bin awhile since I've had one of those. Never seen the pale ale, good eh?

Yep the Pale Ale is very nice and for some reason is rarely offered outside of the Maritimes... though I have seen it in a Safeway in Maui ! Best Eastern Canadian beer/ale IMO.