"I tried a new beer" - or, the Beer in Seattle thread

BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of PropagandaOKC Icrontian
edited September 2007 in Food & Drink
In Seattle, I tried Manny's Pale Ale.

mannysPaleSM.gif

It's a flavorful pale from Georgetown Brewing company and is available in Washington state. They don't bottle beers yet, so you only get it on tap unless you swing by the brewery and have them fill a bottle for you. Excellent stuff, and hopefully they'll move to bottling and distributing it soon.

Fellow beer adventurers, what have you tasted lately?

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    are you still in seattle? We should "meet up". or something.

If you're still here, you should try to grab the Mack and Jack's African Amber. It's top notch.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Sadly I'm back in Oklahoma where the beer selection is sub-par. Next time I'm up there, I'll give you a shout. It seems I get to return to the PacNW more often these days.
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited September 2007
    Anchor Steam. Pretty popular in the bay area- just tried it this week.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Great choice Qeldroma. Anchor Steam is great. Also, if you like hoppy beers, be sure to hit Anchor's Old Foghorn. It's a bit costly and certainly strong, but my buddies swear by it.
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Just tried Hacker-Pschorr = Yummy! ...unfortunately *fine lady not included*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker-Pschorr
  • edited September 2007
    Qeldroma wrote:
    Anchor Steam. Pretty popular in the bay area- just tried it this week.

I ran into Anchor Steam beer for the first time back in 1979 when I was going to tech school in Houston. It's definitely a great beer. They had 4 of us sharing an apartment while in mud school and we got into a "fancy and imported beverage" kick, trying out all different kinds of beer and liquor.
    edited September 2007
    Krusovice Imperial Lager - Czech Brew of a clean crisp yet slightly bland quality.
    edited September 2007
    ..and the second brew of the day ...tasty but slightly 'spring watery!?'...
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Warka, a Polish lager. Darker than your typical American lager, but smooth and almost sweet. Very little hop aftertaste.
    edited September 2007
    Innis & Gunn , an Oak Aged Beer ;full bodied taste with a hint of oak/whiskey. Slightly pricey for a 330 ml bottle = $3.50 each!