Sore today!

RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
edited October 2007 in Fitness
Still at it with a vengence at the gym.

Noticed I wasn't that sore after each work out last week, so I pushed HARD today through my leg routine...

I use the Bill Phillip's "Body for Life" workout routine, in 20+ years of weight training, I've never found a more condensed, focused workout. I won't go into a lot of details about it now, if someone wants to know more about it, let me know, I'll put my schedule/tips/tricks up for all.

My hamstrings are still twitching from this mornings workout! (Its 9:16am, started working them at 5:50am)

I just stood up to get some more water, and my quads feel like Sledge used his name-sake on them...

I think I achieved my goal of working harder...

....if I'm this sore hours after my work out, tomorrow/Wed should be an experience to remember! *whimper..

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I'm interested in the details. I'm all about focus and time effectiveness.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I get focus out of Max-OT week in and week out. There's no way you can come to the gym and lack intensity because it forces you to perform.

I'm interested in details as well though.
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited October 2007
    Nomad wrote:
    I get focus out of Max-OT week in and week out. There's no way you can come to the gym and lack intensity because it forces you to perform.

I'm interested in details as well though.

I'll start putting the details together today.

Where can I find info on Max-OT?
    edited October 2007
    Here is the *.pdf to the program. Download the zipfile from this thread and it should be in there, I used to have a direct link.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172576&highlight=Maxt+OT
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Just don't get too carried away with the weight, remember, form is most important, then worry about the weight.

I've seen too many people at the gym swinging the weights with no concern for form, just the weight. It's far to easy to hurt yourself and do semi-perminant damage by overdoing it.

Good luck with your goals!
    edited October 2007
    DanG wrote:
    Just don't get too carried away with the weight, remember, form is most important, then worry about the weight.

I've seen too many people at the gym swinging the weights with no concern for form, just the weight. It's far to easy to hurt yourself and do semi-perminant damage by overdoing it.

Good luck with your goals!

Thx Dan,

I'm very strict with my form and weight. I think this is just a case of muscle memory, my body is remembering where it used to be. I'm giving them the protein/nutrients they need, and they're responding to it. I flat-benched 245lbs for a set of 6 last Friday morning.. It kicked my ass to do it, and do it right, but damn did it feel good! 1st time I've touched 225+ in over 3 yrs...
    edited October 2007
    RADA wrote:
    Thx Dan,

I'm very strict with my form and weight. I think this is just a case of muscle memory, my body is remembering where it used to be. I'm giving them the protein/nutrients they need, and they're responding to it. I flat-benched 245lbs for a set of 6 last Friday morning.. It kicked my ass to do it, and do it right, but damn did it feel good! 1st time I've touched 225+ in over 3 yrs...

Wow, strong press. I can't seem to get much more than 180#.
    edited October 2007
    Nomad wrote:
    Wow, strong press. I can't seem to get much more than 180#.

Nomad,

<
    O, how the mighty have fallen.... (Me, of course..)

The gym I worked out at in my late teens/early 20s, they had recognition "clubs". The clubs ranged from the 700 Club, to the 1600 Club, in 100 lb increments.To qualify for each club you had to complete 1 (clean) rep for 3 different lifts: Max Flat Bench, Max Dead Lift, and Max Squat. Your totals were combined, and your name was added to the wall roster for each club.

From the ages of 16 through 20, I worked my way up to become a member of the 1400 Club. At 20 yrs old, my totals were: Max Bench Press: 345lbs, Max Squat: 465, Max Dead Lift: 605 (with wrist straps).
    edited October 2007
    RADA wrote:
    Nomad,

<
    O, how the mighty have fallen.... (Me, of course..)

The gym I worked out at in my late teens/early 20s, they had recognition "clubs". The clubs ranged from the 700 Club, to the 1600 Club, in 100 lb increments.To qualify for each club you had to complete 1 (clean) rep for 3 different lifts: Max Flat Bench, Max Dead Lift, and Max Squat. Your totals were combined, and your name was added to the wall roster for each club.

From the ages of 16 through 20, I worked my way up to become a member of the 1400 Club. At 20 yrs old, my totals were: Max Bench Press: 345lbs, Max Squat: 465, Max Dead Lift: 605 (with wrist straps).

Although you're a lot bigger than I am, those are still very impressive lifts. Westside style even. I'm trying to break 1000 combined without exceeding 160 lbs. Right now my total is 730# raw (no straps, belts, suits, or chalk.) I still feel there's a lot more to unlock in those three lifts for me, and that my deadlift could be four plates a side by next summer.
    edited October 2007
    Nomad wrote:
    Although you're a lot bigger than I am, those are still very impressive lifts. Westside style even. I'm trying to break 1000 combined without exceeding 160 lbs. Right now my total is 730# raw (no straps, belts, suits, or chalk.) I still feel there's a lot more to unlock in those three lifts for me, and that my deadlift could be four plates a side by next summer.

Go for it man!

I can understand not wanting to use certain things that might "enhance" your output , but chalk? All I use it for is to reduce sweat/keep my hands dry.. ..rather use a little chalk, than drop 225+lbs on my chest or foot, etc, because of a sweaty grip.

As for dead lifts, I've never seen anyone in the 500+ lbs arena not use lifting straps. When you get that heavy its just too hard to hold on to by grip strength alone (for most people). You end up focusing more on holding the bar, than on completing the lift cleanly.
    edited October 2007
    RADA wrote:
    Go for it man!

I can understand not wanting to use certain things that might "enhance" your output , but chalk? All I use it for is to reduce sweat/keep my hands dry.. ..rather use a little chalk, than drop 225+lbs on my chest or foot, etc, because of a sweaty grip.

As for dead lifts, I've never seen anyone in the 500+ lbs arena not use lifting straps. When you get that heavy its just too hard to hold on to by grip strength alone (for most people). You end up focusing more on holding the bar, than on completing the lift cleanly.

Mainly it's just I'm not at a point where my grip fails yet. I'm trying to push it as far as I can before I start utilizing chalk. The only time it fails is on deadlifts using a double overhand grip at more than 275#. However, my mixed grip goes to my max easily, so there's a lot of room left.