World of Warcraft...

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Mmmm... Grinding...
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Anyone on Cho'Gall server? I am working on a new character a 21 gnome warlock *gasp*
  • edited August 2007
    I think they ar releasing expansions way too fast. I feel like im still absorbing the first expac after rushing to 70.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, Blizzard are working at Nihilum's pace and forgetting the little people. I've only properly started raiding kara now, but finding raids as a hunter is hard. Apparently we're getting some kind of buff soon, if so, go go blizz!

But seriously, Blizzard are moving way too fast. Leve 80, and Death Knights? AND revealing Arthas so soon? Pff.

Although the new content looks awesome, I can't wait to fly my netherdrake around. And due to the new expansion, I'll go back to being a regular player again and will therefore have little reason to show off.

if anyone's on Shadowsong around here then gimme a whisper and we can go to an instance or something xD unless you're horde, in which case I'd say sonething macho if i was any good at PvP.
  • edited August 2007
    You guys do realise the expansion has just been announced right? It's not like its coming out next week.
  • edited August 2007
    I have quit as well, and enjoying trolling forums for hours a day now. I also have more time to ride my motorcycle, which is nice...
  • gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited August 2007
    rapture wrote:
    You guys do realise the expansion has just been announced right? It's not like its coming out next week.

I would be suprised to see it this time next year, probley 1 1/2 years away.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Uh...so does anyone wanna help me with my WoW connectivity issue?
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    What is your connectivity issue? I'd love to help. And to have you raid :-P
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited September 2007
    I might have to play the new expansion just for DeathKnights. I loved Death Coil from WC3. Buff my health up real high, Death Coil a Pally and watch him DROP.
  • IndigoRedIndigoRed Perth Western Australia Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Uh...so does anyone wanna help me with my WoW connectivity issue?

What's the problem, mate? The way you asked that, I thought you had already posted something and got ignored...
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    MmmmmMMmmmMMmmm Death Coil...DIE PALLY DIE!!!!!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    LOL PALADINS CAN'T DIE
    edited September 2007
    StainMeNow wrote:
    What is your connectivity issue? I'd love to help. And to have you raid :-P

Well, I just got my cable internet and remembered WoW (I've been paying for it for 3 months with no play time OH!!! NOES! :eek: ) So, in any case I went to log on and got a unable to connect message. I thought "well might be my router" so I shut down the router's firewall. Thought "maybe it's windows firewall" nope, that didn't do it either. Tried running with just a connection through the modem, opening every port known to man, power cycling, restarting and still no luck...
  • IndigoRedIndigoRed Perth Western Australia Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I know it's going to be a hassle, but have you tried reinstalling?
    edited September 2007
    Oh God, I don't even own the disks... I copied the install file from a few old floor mates in college.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Can you log into your account from the wow site?
    edited September 2007
    You can download the full game and expansion (roughly 7gigs total) from Blizzard. All you need to do is log in to the account management page and there should be a link. I know its a lot to download, but it beats buying another set of disks.
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, I can log into my account on the site, just can't connect. I'll start the download today.
    edited September 2007
    More update, I tried to start the download with the Blizzard downloader and it won't connect. I'm starting to think my ISP blocks WoW entirely or something...this is getting out of hand.
  • edited September 2007
    You might just need to forward some ports. Click help on the Blizzard downloader and it will tell you all the ports it uses for downloading.
    edited September 2007
    I've got all those ports forwarded (to my knowledge).
    edited September 2007
    Call your ISP, they might be blocking the ip/ports because Blizzard uses a torrent like system to distribute data for patches and content updates.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2007
    Yay I quit to a few months ago too. I want to play again just to talk to friends from back home though. I was at their apt for a guild meeting and have kinda wanted to play since then just to see some old peeps.
    edited September 2007
    Yes, I figured it out...if only I would pay attention to Peer Guardian sometimes...
  • broady81broady81 Member
    edited September 2007
    I just stopped playing WoW, it was taking too much of my time and I was getting bored easy :tongue: played a 70 warlock (gnome :wink:) on EU Skullcrusher, really enjoyed my time there and made some great mates who I'm still in contact with :smiles: Warhammer online might get me back into MMO's though .... :cool2: The constant grinding, and knowledge that you were going to have to level up/gear up again annoyed me too, but I know it's just part of the game - Brillian/Addictive but ultimately time consuming game :smiles: Glad I quit to be honest ...
  • edited October 2007
    I play on arthas names Magaku and xaoxao and I got a hunter on its way gotta finish leveling him but those are my raiding 70's. Horde ofcourse if your alliance i want nothing to do with ya lewls unless you wanna die (in game)
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited October 2007
    I don't understand how you could play that game...There's no end. No final boss, no story with any real plot twists, and it's poorly designed.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Correct.
    Wrong.
    Yes there is.
    And no it isn't.

The Warcraft universe has one of the most well-conceived and advanced storylines in all of gaming, and it's out in force in WoW.
  • edited October 2007
    Your Amish Daddy was not prepared!