World of Warcraft...

Comments

• Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited October 2007
    Actually thrax just likes picking on me. I'm not insulting Warcraft. I'm insulting WOW but it's not like he noticed anyway. I played it, I don't like it. I asked the reason why one would play it, not an analogy of it's past.
  • edited October 2007
    Don't worry that was just a reference from the none existant last boss ;)
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited October 2007
    Or at least the last boss until the next expansion :rolleyes:
  • edited October 2007
    I don't understand how you could play that game...There's no end. No final boss, no story with any real plot twists, and it's poorly designed.

There is a end boss rite now.
    There is a plot but the ignorance of people don't look things up and you prolly wont wanna read the books that came out for it 4-6 chapter books of the storyline.
    There is a plot you just gotta be open to your judgements look crap up its there find it.
  • edited October 2007
    Or at least the last boss until the next expansion :rolleyes:

There will be a final boss next patch I don't know if it is harder Illidan but that wel be the next final boss in 2.3

http://www.worldofraids.com/news/october/zulaman/loot/zuljin-down.jpg

Boss named zuljin.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    No, Zul'aman is another 10 man instance in the same vein as Karazhan. The instance's difficulty starts at about mid-way through Karazhan (Curator). By the end, Zul'jin would be a couple bosses harder than Nightbane if they added more to KZ. Illidan is <i>much</i> harder.
  • IndigoRedIndigoRed Perth Western Australia Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Lvl 35... I feel such the nub. :rolleyes2 Only just added BC... which I can't do yet on the other side... ah well WoWlife's a grind...
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2007
    If you actually read all the quests and paid attention to everything NPCs in WoW say there is SOOO a storyline. OMG you havent paid attention at all and use the quick quest text or are like only lvl 4. A storyline is Blizzards bread and butter so to speak. Its better than any other game I have ever played. Join a Guild, take your time, read what there is to read in WoW and you might see what there is to WoW. Its not all just about grinding a new toon to 60/70/80 or killing the opposite faction over and over for a PvP item. Go find a peon somewhere and keep poking it and see what you may get, although I dont think they are as good as some of the other peons blizzard has had in previous games; quotes such as "A Horse Kicked Me Once" or "Stop Poking ME!"

So you dont like it, MANY others do, try 9 F'ing million others!
    edited October 2007
    "OMG" "SOOOO" What are you, a Valley girl? And before I rip you a new ******* right in your forehead, I didn't say anything derogatory about WOW, or it's players. I said I don't understand it.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Both. Stop.
  • NimuNimu Menominee, MI
    edited October 2007
    I'm mostly on Aggramar. I'm sort of maxed out on characters.

Nimu - Lvl 70 Warlock
    Outrageous - Lvl 65 Warrior
    Murlyn - Lvl 65 Mage
    Leitierlen - Lvl 51 Rogue
    Hohenfells - Lvl 41 Hunter

Bunch of others mid-30's down to 19
    edited October 2007
    "OMG" "SOOOO" What are you, a Valley girl? And before I rip you a new ******* right in your forehead, I didn't say anything derogatory about WOW, or it's players. I said I don't understand it.

Come here and try!

You spoke w/o thought or reason. You only said one thing right about the game, but thats true about any game, you can play them forever. But if an online game with a subscription ended....well then no one would keep playing it.

'So' in caps was meant for emphasis and who the hell doesnt say omg here and there. And I wish I could go on and on about what I think about you but its not worth the time to do so.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Cyclonite wrote:
    Both. Stop.

Quoted for emphasis.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Well, the point of WoW, in my eyes, is to strive to be top, and yes you can't complete it, but how good you are (not including "mad skillz") is partly judged on how much you have completed, like how much of which tier armour you have, heroic bosses/items you've killed/attained, reputation completed with factions, and then PvP is a never ending massacre.

If you play WoW, and you enjoy the experience, then Blizzard have designed the whole WoW universe to be related via quests, instances, PvP, and exploration, as well as the abundance of Lore they have on the site and in other locations. It's endless, but if you enjoy the gameplay, then that's not really a problem, is it?
  • SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited October 2007
    I could give a dam about the story..
    I could give a dam about reading the quest. (other than finding out what,where i have to go)

I enjoy the gameplay. for almost 2 years ive played this dam game and i really love rolling new classes and getting in group to see what i need to do as, hunter,priest,tank,ect...

I cant stand alot of the stuckup rude people in wow. i have gotten 2 account ban for talking trash(one 60 account and a 58) ive met alot of cool people in wow but so many of them are complete ****ing trash..no matter how well they spell or put a sentence together they're all chuds..to sum it up i like the game alot ,cant stand the chuds, and paying $14 a month for the crappy graphics...i built a $1500 rig recently and most of my time spent is in WoW aKa crayola world..
    edited October 2007
    SoLo wrote:
    I could give a dam about the story..
    I could give a dam about reading the quest. (other than finding out what,where i have to go)

I enjoy the gameplay. for almost 2 years ive played this dam game and i really love rolling new classes and getting in group to see what i need to do as, hunter,priest,tank,ect...

I cant stand alot of the stuckup rude people in wow. i have gotten 2 account ban for talking trash(one 60 account and a 58) ive met alot of cool people in wow but so many of them are complete ****ing trash..no matter how well they spell or put a sentence together they're all chuds..to sum it up i like the game alot ,cant stand the chuds, and paying $14 a month for the crappy graphics...i built a $1500 rig recently and most of my time spent is in WoW aKa crayola world..

i agree totally,
    There are some really nice people on wow but alot of them are illiterate *******s that think their badly spelled word is law.

One example:
    I was in black morass the other day and the tankadin came out with "well if you noobs did what u wr sposed 2 evrythn wud go fyn, so nevuh kwestchun what I do". This came after a wipe caused by the loladin wanted to tank everything at once, adds 'n all... plonker.
  • NimuNimu Menominee, MI
    edited October 2007
    Kwestchun is an awesome word. I'm adopting it. lol
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Problem #1:

A Paladin was tanking.
    edited October 2007
    Ah, another staple of the world the Internet has spawned. Illiteracy. I figured with all the typing and the reading that went on abouts the internet, I figured people would become well read, but it seems they can't even become literate. I feel sorry for those of you that have to deal with the thirteen year old egotists that think they know it better and can have it all their own way because daddy pays for their World of Warcraft account. I have to deal with those morons enough in IRC, Ventrilo and in BF2. "u took teh last jet u fgt u kant evn fli." Puny little privates and corporal punks try to tell me where the bear **** in the buckwheat. They get mad when a Master Sergent takes their Mig Mustang or F14 because they wanna try to be An Hero in it. And the little First Luies that think they're cool because they're Commissioned. Half of them don't even have their Basic Infantry badge yet. Buncha sissies can't even get out there on the field and do their job, tryin' to tell me how to do mine. If you've ever been in the military, and a Master Sergent has some info for you, chances are you're gonna listen to it. Elisted men that make it to Master Sergent tend to have been in the military for 10+ years.

But listen to me, I'm ranting. I keep expecting these children to be atleast coherent with some things. I guess that's why I don't like MMO's. No discipline.
    edited October 2007
    A MMO isnt meant to have the best graphics in the world, and remember its several years old already and the graphics havent changed. A MMO is supposed to look pretty, nice colors and such. If you want the most detail, get a FPS.

I've never played it to be the best, cause well it will never happen. Some korean that plays it for 20 hours a day will always be better. I played it for the people I was able to play with. Plus it was a good way to keep it touch with some friends in Ohio when I moved away.
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited October 2007
    Between the rants on WoW and BF2..I no longer have reason to believe that I am as big of a geek as I thought I was :eek3:

Thanks!
    edited October 2007
    mmonnin wrote:
    A MMO isnt meant to have the best graphics in the world, and remember its several years old already and the graphics havent changed. A MMO is supposed to look pretty, nice colors and such. If you want the most detail, get a FPS.

I've never played it to be the best, cause well it will never happen. Some korean that plays it for 20 hours a day will always be better. I played it for the people I was able to play with. Plus it was a good way to keep it touch with some friends in Ohio when I moved away.

On your graphics point,
    Every expansion they pimp the graphics, but they keep the WoW animation/world style, so there's more detail but it looks like the same old WoW, if you've seen World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King previews you can see that they've upgraded the graphics quite alot. I think they'll soon need to give Azeroth a revamp if they're not working on it already. Not saying they have top detail with the new expansion, but they're far from dismal.

And if not the best, then the best I can be, because I also know some no-lifer in Nihilum player with 6/5 tier 7 is gunna crit for a bagillion on anything they hit just because they haz l33t h4x0r 5k33lz. But yeah, it's a good way to stay in touch with friends too and be able to interact with them, even if you're really far apart, alot of my good friends on WoW are from Belgium or Holland.

CONFESSION: I used to use leetspeek and text-typing on WoW, then I got a slap in the face as I realised how totally retarded I looked and taught myself to do it all propah, innit blud :rolleyes2 I just hope that people in the WoW and online community will soon realise this about themselves too.
  • IndigoRedIndigoRed Perth Western Australia Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    It's just like real life YAD. Ya walk away... unless it's pvp, then smash 'em if you can. And with pvp, if you really don't like them, hang around; let them respawn, and do it again. Like in real life, don't give the turds any of your time. You're playing (and paying) for enjoyment.
  • edited October 2007
    IMO, WoW could be a bit more stimulating, I've been playing for like 2 years and i've only managed to get to like lvl50 (with a stream of unsuccessful alts, not one making its way past lvl25), its such a dull grind man. I'm shocked so many people are like "yeah just maxed out every class..oh yeah :D", they must be hooked up to an I.V. for their food and drink for the 160 hours a week that they play..god damn.
    edited October 2007
    level 40-50 is the hardest, it gets much brighter and more interesting when you come to the TBC content, trust me on that :P 1-58 I just wanted to kill myself when levelling my druid, the hunter was okay though.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    i just like gettin on one-three nights a week and doing an instance with some of my friends.
    edited October 2007
    I sit here and read through this again, and I'm reminded of a game I fell in love with in 1996, called Slayers. I want to say it's one of the first MMO's I'd ever seen. Diablo like graphics, five characters, Rinning, Leelim, Kusa, Succubus and Necro. Rinning was the archer, Leelim was the fighter, Kusa was the straight mage, Succubus and Necro were hybrids, good base characters to start with. I had a Kusa named Blues. I ran uniques with a friend of mine. God, when it came to making money in that game, it was me, or SuperVegita. He was the first person to get to level 130, but he didn't stand a chance against me when I was level 40. Due to me running Uniques like I did, I never had a problem with money. People payed Millions for Soul's Power Soul Armor, which wasn't all that rare. My rarer sales, such as Power's Red Shoes (My favorite.) Put 3 million in my pocket every time. Always kept six pair in stock. I had a few friends, Wraithmaker, Iwomaster and a few others I don't remember. We made so much money, we had to use other towns' banks just to store money and items, just because our inventory was so vast, and our income was so great. But then again, I myself could cut through a billion bucks just upgrading Ghost bolt, my best spell. My Ghost bolt was level 96 and nothing stood in my way. I couldn't cast it very quickly, but it always killed people. Fire Wheel always helped me buff my inventory because when you killed someone, they dropped EVERYTHING they had, except what they wore. God I loved it. Standing outside of the Yellow Village sign with fire wheel, killing everyone that walked by. I miss that game.
    edited November 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    Problem #1:

A Paladin was tanking.

NO!! lol i have 64 prot paladin right now and loving it...it is a challenge to hold agro using only holy damage but buff everyone with salvation or no buff atall :P

Ive had a really bad experience on the wow forums recently and its really made me upset. I try to find a guild by making a post basicly telling people myclass,spec,ect.. and all i got was garbage replies telling me how bad my gear was and crap like that...I kinda lost my cool and told all the trolls off and i know to some people came off as an angry 12yo but i dont mind. I really felt the need to tell these kids that gear is NOT what makes the game fun. I have had so much fun as a level 10-20 ect..and had the worst gear possible for those levels.. Im 27yo but really could not take it anymore.. People telling me that i "fail at life" because i have a crappy
    1H on my hunters main hand. Its crap like that that got my first 2 accounts ban perm. I guess i lose my cool way to quick when the jerk bash on anyone because of the gear they wear..

Im almost done playing the game again i think. Almost time to leave my account inactive and play these BIG games ive been waiting on since my last PC build. :P

its 6am so if this post is all choppy i'm sorry :)
    edited November 2007
    Harudath wrote:
    level 40-50 is the hardest, it gets much brighter and more interesting when you come to the TBC content, trust me on that :P 1-58 I just wanted to kill myself when levelling my druid, the hunter was okay though.

I agree with you 100%! Once i leveled my first toon in outlands, i found it hard as hell to go back to one of my lowbie toons..Outlands gear,cash,loot makes the old stuff a drag to play.
    edited November 2007
    "u took teh last jet u fgt u kant evn fli."

lol ah yes...reminds me of GOOD TIMES! hooah!

:honoes: