help again :"(

edited October 2007 in Hardware
Hello guys;
I am asking for your help again, since it seems none is able to figure out a sulotion for my problem other than changing my tablet's LCD. So, I thought if you guys were able to help me once maybe you can help me this time. I don't mind replacing my LCD but only if it was necessary to do so.

it is the same old problem only the cause was different. My Gateway M275 faull down when i trepted with some wires that were forgotten hidden under my working table. I was able to recover my balance but couldn't help rescuing my tablet. It was on standby mood, so i started it and it worked perfectly. so to be more certain that the faull didn't harm it I restarted it. Unfortunately, it wouldn't display anything although it was working just fine. I tried everything i could think of yet the same is happening. It would start up and u could hear the booting sound but nothing on the screen just like my other previous problem. lights are working and every other thing is too only the monitor is dead. so any idea what i can do ??
P.S. thanx in advance.

yours
monalisa

Comments

• IndigoRedIndigoRed Perth Western Australia Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Hi Monamor,

Well it sounds like this may be a good news or bad news situation. If you are lucky, the shock may have jarred the ribbon cable loose that plugs the lcd to the mother board. On the other hand, the shock may have broken the lcd.

If you are tech savvy and know how to take your laptop apart, go in from the top and you will quickly find out. Otherwise, your local repairer will be able to tell you pretty quickly. Make sure it's one you trust. If you don't know him and he wants to charge heaps, get a 2nd opinion.

If you want to have a go yourself with our help, tell us the specs on the lappy and I'm sure you'll get the support you need here.