The best beer of IC Oktoberfest '07?

GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
edited November 2007 in Food & Drink
What was the best beer you had this weekend? Was it from one of the beer fridges at ICHQ? Was it at Khunnenneenenens? Did you drink it at home, drowning your sorrows because you were far away from the Sweet Caroline sing-a-longs in Detroit? Let us know.

Personally, I loved the All Hallow's pumpkin spice beer from the bar that shall rename nameless (because it cannot be spelled). From the beer fridges, I found the Yuengling Lager to be the most drinkable while setting up sentry guns in Prime's basement (not metaphorical sentry guns like the kind that closeded the basement bathroom, mind you).

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Draft Blue Moon from Red Hot and Blue. I've enjoyed Blue Moon many-a-time, but on <i>draft</i> it was like consuming an entirely different, amazingly better beer.

And the All Hallow's Ale from Kuhnhenn's was undoubtedly the best beer they've ever made, and one that has a spot in my top-10 favorites.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    The Bock at Kuhnhenn's was my favourite. It's a bit lighter than Shiner with a mellower flavour and higher alcohol content. ;) Beer fridge beer for me was Yuengling Lager, because that's all I really had, and it wasn't half bad. I hope to be in better health next year so more taste testing can be facilitated. I've still yet to drink this Oberon that's so often spoken of.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    The Lancaster Milk Stout was my dark... Good stuff!

Lancaster Strawberry Wheat when I was in a fruity mood.

But by god, Kuhnhenn's have outdone themselves with the All Hallow's Ale.. That stuff is superb. That's my #1 all around for the weekend.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    easily Kuhnhenn's All Hallow's Ale...I must have consumed 20 of these over the 4 days. This was the perfect pumpkin ale:thumbsup:

from the stock @ IcronticHQ. It has to be the Ridgemont Reserve 1792 small batch Kentucky bourben. to quote primesuspect, "this has to be the best bourben I've ever had."

also some great beers. I found myself drinking Oberon's, Christian Moerlein, Blue Moon, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, and Yuengling's tradition Lager. All excellent beers.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    The All Hallow's Ale was fantastic. But I think it's safe for everyone to assume that my favorite beer at Kuhnhenn's was the Simcoe Silly. It was tasty AND came in a fancy glass!

As far as in-fridge...hmm..I did like the Oberon, but my heart still beats for those lovely beers I brought from Lancaster Brewing Company. Amish Four Grain FTW!

And I don't remember the name of the clear liquor that Prime gave me on Saturday, but I swear I could've set my breath on fire after drinking it.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Fridge: Yuengling, of course.

Out and about: All Hallow's Ale from Kuhnhenn's was really unbeatable.

After Saturday, I'd be hard pressed to recommend the Simcoe to anyone! ;)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Liquor was Pisco Montesierpe