Obvious really but.

2»

Comments

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I doubt even Robert de Niro can be milked....
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited November 2007
    Jokke wrote:
    Men have nipples, and (as far as I know) can't be milked. Or am I missing something???

I was in my nursing class and we actually went over this whole milkmen myth. It is physically possible for a man to lactate and thus be milked. It is highly unrealistic though. You would have to have a hormonal imbalance, or be super pumped up with estrogen before that happens. You wouldn't have enough milk to nurse a either.

But yes, it is physically possible for a man to be milked.

eww.

here are some links!
    Being Human - Men can lactate

Men can Produce Milk WARNING - picture of male breasts (mantits) are there.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Although interesting.....

I refuse to click.:eek3:

*LOL at StainMeNow*
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Tetley has been our choice of tea for yrs.
    When I was young, mother used to make it for me. Fond memories of her making me wonderful hot tea when I had a cold/flu or just didn't feel well.
    Or, Times she just wanted to have a sit and enjoy a tea outside under the tree. And I got to enjoy that teatime with her.
    She's been long passed away, but still remembered fondly.
    I had it with a splash of whole milk and a teaspoon of sugar. We got fresh, whole milk from the farm down the road. Mind you that's a full cup of tea for those portions of milk and sugar.
    And, I agree with bothered on the idea that tea must be steeped to bring out it's excellence. Boil the water, then pour over the tea for steeping approx 20-30 min for a good full taste. I do like a strong tea.
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the following...
    Now a days, I like to have my tea with a squeeze of fresh cut lemon (approx teaspoon of juice) And a heaping teaspoon of natural honey from the comb.
    After a long steep in the teapot & cozy still, of course.
    Honey & lemon to your taste. Some like less, some like more...
    And, I still revert back to just a touch of sugar, or milk and sugar from time to time.
    MMnnn, Think I'm going to go make myself a cuppa.. Got me in the mood now.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I was in my nursing class and we actually went over this whole milkmen myth. It is physically possible for a man to lactate and thus be milked. It is highly unrealistic though. You would have to have a hormonal imbalance, or be super pumped up with estrogen before that happens. You wouldn't have enough milk to nurse a either.

But yes, it is physically possible for a man to be milked.

eww.

here are some links!
    Being Human - Men can lactate

Men can Produce Milk WARNING - picture of male breasts (mantits) are there.

This is the worst post in the entire history of this site.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited November 2007
    Agreed I'm a graduate in Biology and I atent clicking those links :eek3:
    edited November 2007

Man, i was really wasted when I posted that. Now that I look at it, that is pretty horrible. Even if I was right.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited November 2007

Fully agreed, Far more information then I ever wanted to know.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    This is called synchronicity, right? When something that you've never devoted any brainpower to whatsoever (in this case, man boobs or male lactation), suddenly starts appearing everywhere around you the moment you first hear of it?

I'm browsing CNN today (A bad habit akin to smoking that I've been trying to break for months), and lo and behold I come across a story (INCLUDING A LINK WITH PICS) about newborn babies with boobs and milk. Oh my crap, thanks a LOT eggroll :grumble:
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited November 2007
    This is called synchronicity, right? When something that you've never devoted any brainpower to whatsoever (in this case, man boobs or male lactation), suddenly starts appearing everywhere around you the moment you first hear of it?

I'm browsing CNN today (A bad habit akin to smoking that I've been trying to break for months), and lo and behold I come across a story (INCLUDING A LINK WITH PICS) about newborn babies with boobs and milk. Oh my crap, thanks a LOT eggroll :grumble:
    The devil may put these things in front of you Brian but it's you that clicks them. Be strong man, be strong. Resist the man milk.
    And this thread has definitely taken a turn for the worse.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    bothered wrote:
    Resist the man milk.

I think this should be added to the forum rules.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited November 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I think this should be added to the forum rules.
    Seconded
    edited November 2007

lol. what have I done?!?! I've opened Pandora's Man-Milk Box.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    So THAT'S why men have nipples!