Source for Yuengling?

GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
edited January 2008 in Food & Drink
Yuengling is only available in PA, down the eastern seaboard minus Georgia, and in Alabama.

I live in Ohio.

I can't find it.

Does anyone know a source for Yuengling that would make it available to me? Pennsylvania is about a 4 1/2 hour drive, which is a bit far for me to drive just for beer...

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1005121502437

That sucks, because I really like Yuengling. I feel your pain, brother.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Aw man... Good find on the article, Seth, but bad news!
  • edited September 2007
    i drive to alabama on occasion to get yuengling. i discovered it in pensacola florida... it's good beer and what bud ought to be...
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    What does Yuengling taste like?
    edited September 2007
    They make several varieties, but their basic lager is one of the few lagers with a nice hops bite that doesn't taste too skunky for me.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited September 2007
    lightnin wrote:
    i drive to alabama on occasion to get yuengling. i discovered it in pensacola florida... it's good beer and what bud ought to be...
    ehh what!!!!!!!!! banned from civilized bars ????? only served to juves ??
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I'll bring a case to the next LAN if you remind me. A few, even.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Their Black & Tan is also tasty and mild. And $4 a pitcher at the cheap-o seedy bar in my college's town. (sorry, had to rub that in guys)
    edited September 2007
    StainMeNow wrote:
    I'll bring a case to the next LAN if you remind me. A few, even.
    You're my hero(ine), Anne!
    StainMeNow wrote:
    Their Black & Tan is also tasty and mild. And $4 a pitcher at the cheap-o seedy bar in my college's town. (sorry, had to rub that in guys)
    Now I'm jealous!
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    The Tampa brewery is about a 1/2 mile from where I'm sitting right now. Heh.
    edited September 2007
    Bah. That place was still Stroh's when I lived down there!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Bah! MY Stroh's isn't even a brewery anymore - they make ice cream now! Damned prohibition! :shakehead
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Rob, my parents have a six pack of Yuengling in the fridge. If you want I'll send it to you free of charge. Although it might be a skunky by the time it gets there. Still, free beer is free beer. Right? :)
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited September 2007
    I live in pittsburgh :)
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2007
    Yeah I had never even heard of it before until I moved to Virginia. Not a common thing in Oh.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    because I really like Yuengling
    For mass-produced, light-style lager, it's got character, which is unusual in its class.
    it's good beer and what bud ought to be...
    Hey, that's well said.
    edited September 2007
    Kwitko wrote:
    Rob, my parents have a six pack of Yuengling in the fridge. If you want I'll send it to you free of charge. Although it might be a skunky by the time it gets there. Still, free beer is free beer. Right? :)

I'm fairly certain that it's illegal to send beer through the USPS. I wouldn't want to make you break the law, Seth! :bigggrin:
    edited September 2007
    Walk into any Post Office and there will be a sign of what you can or cannot send. Dont recall if alcohol is on the list or not.
    edited September 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I'm fairly certain that it's illegal to send beer through the USPS. I wouldn't want to make you break the law, Seth! :bigggrin:

Yes, to send alcohol through the USPS would be bad. GHoos, please never do something like that. For example, please do not send a bottle of Corsendonk Abbey Brown Ale through the mail to me. Please. Whatever you do, think of the illegality of such an act.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I think I saw Yuengling for sale here in CBus. I'll do some research and report back.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    It's on the shelf down here in DeLand... A couple different varieties... I think we have the pale, dark and Black and Tan varieties...
    edited September 2007
    I picked up a sixer of the Black & Tan while I was down in FL this week.
    Aaaahhhh.
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited September 2007
    Mmmmmmm.....lager.....gotta love yuengling.....got a real taste for in when I visit a friend in West Chester, PA and I figured I could find it at a local importer. No such luck. Give Czech Rebel a try though, it's a worthy replacement.
    edited September 2007
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Wait! Are you telling me it come pre-mixed as a black and tan?
    edited September 2007
    Sort of. I don't tend to think of the word "mixed" when I think of a normal Black & Tan, but in a sense, the Yuengling Black & Tan tastes like a Black & Tan that is mixed in a bottle.
    edited November 2007
    CrazyJoe just stopped by. He came all the way from Florida to give me two oranges and a six of Yuengling. Somehow he managed to smuggle 72oz. of beer through airport security.

That's a true friend. :thumbsup:
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    there is a way to send alcohol through USPS, I just can't tell you.

otherwise, it IS NOT allowed. please don't try it. Your regional mail sorting facility will love you though ;) they always enjoy free alcohol.
    edited November 2007
    Ahhh yeah thanks for the reminder. I need to grab a 12 pack before I go home.
    edited November 2007
    fatcat wrote:
    there is a way to send alcohol through USPS, I just can't tell you.

otherwise, it IS NOT allowed. please don't try it. Your regional mail sorting facility will love you though ;) they always enjoy free alcohol.

Yeah I figured there were rules against it. I snuck that bottle of Corsendonk over to Seth regardless. ;)