Unreal Tournament 3

CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
edited December 2007 in Gaming
Alright, who has it? I just picked it up today. I know everyone's into TF2 right now, but there has to be some UT fans out there.

I'll be installing it on my home machine tonight.

Comments

• HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Yepper.
    Already got it and installed. Picked it up on Mon.
    I had to get the collectors edition. Has some cool stuff in it.
    I especially like the UT editor and 20 tutorials on how to make your own maps/characters, etc.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Yeah! I grabbed the Collector's Edition as well. I liked the tutorials from the UT2004 Collector's Edition.
  • maxclarkmaxclark In a hole in the ground
    edited November 2007
    Yeah i was thinking about getting it, i like the previous UT, but i am unsure if it would run on my lappy! :(
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    ill probably get it once i up my rig, after i get cod4 and quake wars.
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited November 2007
    I'll get it eventually for the LAN. I am notoriously bad at shooters, with UT being the bane of my existance. I suck large monkey testicles at all UT games. Seriously, its that bad.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Cyclonite wrote:
    ..... I'll be installing it on my home machine tonight.

Let me know what you think of it please!!!

I'll be getting it for Christmas!

Wife: What do you want for Christmas?
    Me: UT3, its a new game.
    Wife: *big sigh* ok.... send me a link.
    Me: love you honey!!
    Wife: yahyah
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    * wants Zuntar's wife :p

I'll have to get it, because we'll have to play something other than TF2 at LAN08 :rolleyes:;)
    edited November 2007
    Well, Active Directory inexplicably went belly-up for our entire domain last night. I didn't get home until about 10 last night, so I only got to play a couple games. It was fun. It felt much darker than UT2004, but it had the same UT feel. I still had my ass handed to me every time I stepped around a corner, so nothing new there.

Anyway, definitely fun. Definitely UT. Definitely awesome.
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    *Anyway, definitely fun. Definitely UT. Definitely awesome*

Definitely:bigggrin:
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Will it have different classes to choose from?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    No. Ceteris paribus.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I don't think I will be paying for any team-based FPSs that don't have a class system. Ever again. It is a 'Pandora's feature', that once done so well, must be included by necessity in every entry into the genre that wishes to be successful.

It'd be like trying to make a RTS without letting the player que their build orders. Sure, you could make a game that doesn't include that feature, but people will most assuredly miss it.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I must have taken my stupid pills again this morning so forgive me.

What the bloody hell are you saying? I mean is simple speech?
    edited November 2007
    You're welcome to that opinion, CB, but UT has always been about the fast-paced, everyone on the same footing, get the hell out there and kill someone-something-anybody chaos. Yes, there's a team aspect to it (thought I find it hard to find anyone who'll act as a team sometimes), but no one has a set role. There's a lot of people that enjoy that more than choosing between 8 different classes. It's a lot easier to just jump in and go.
  • thefadedlinethefadedline Manchester, England
    edited December 2007
    It's only £25 (new) in town for PC so I think it's gonna have to be a must-have next pay-day. I still think UT is one of the best multiplayer games there is. Facing Worlds is unbeatable.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    UT3 arrived at my house on the day of delivery due to pre-order, but it doesn't run well to be honest. I've had to set the graphics below medium to get it to run at a reasonable speed (at least in terms of FPSs). I would have thought a GeForce 7900GTO would be able to keep up for a little longer :/
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited December 2007
    For those that have it, ya might want to think about getting a PPU card. Take a look at the performance gain in the article on anandtech. 280% improvement in an area with a ton of physics.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    I've got an X1600 Pro 256MB and it plays fine on mine.
    First off I removed the PhysX software that it installs automatically.
    Then I tweaked the settings for my specific graphics card.
    I don't get any glitches or stalls in the game and it runs smoothly.
    For those of you that want to tweak your cards.
    Here's a site that walks you through tweaking most cards and has links for many tweaking software programs. Tweakguides.com/UT3
    Anandtech had the link in one of the reader/member replys.
    But I've been going to tweakguides since I have been playing and admining UT on servers since the original UT..
  • edited December 2007
    I plan on picking up a copy as soon as it can be had for >$35. There is just to much already available to play to make this game worth anything more than that (to me).
    edited December 2007
    Understandable. There's quite a few games I've had to hold off on because I just can't justify spending loads of cash for all of them. The holiday season is so mean to gamers. ;)
    edited December 2007
    I've just started getting good at the demo (and have been using those mechanical darkwalkers:cool2:) ...I will definitely be buying this or the Orange Box for myself for Christmas.
    This game is so incredible when you start getting fast at fragging. Killing spree and Warpath FTW :bigggrin:
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    I have the game, but it disappoints me. The visuals hurt my eyes...I have no idea why. Also, why did they take out the option of crosshair customization? And they severely nerfed dodging. There was an excellent, working formula in place... if it isn't broken, don't try and fix it, idiots! Add to it, and put a nice new coat of eye candy on it, just don't break it. :P I'll probably give it a try soon, but it has been collecting dust since I played some of the single player.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Ever since 2003, I just can't get into the UT series anymore. Too fast, you have to be damn near epileptic to do anything. I'm not so much a fan of dying every 3 seconds.

Guess I'm getting old, I want my games to slow down with me, heh.
    edited December 2007
    I must have one serious case of epilepsy LMAO! :) ... I just cannot get enough of the chaotic frenetic delivery of gaming UT3 delivers! The only reason I might even consider buying the Orange Box instead is to join up on the Icrontic server for some friendly fragging!
    edited December 2007
    ehh...i hated how the visuals in the demo was incredibly fuzzy..is that fixed in retail?
    edited December 2007
    Gate28 wrote:
    ehh...i hated how the visuals in the demo was incredibly fuzzy..is that fixed in retail?

I believe that is the the software engine downgrading the visuals so you can experience a richer and less choppy environment with less than say a Quad Core/1gbvidram/4gbram :tongue:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Another UT game?
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    runs great on my 7600gt and my 5000+ X2

Love the game
    edited December 2007
    Gate28 wrote:

The game is crisp. What hardware?
    edited December 2007
    gfx card is a brand new ge force 8600 gt, i think i didnt set a setting in-game right or something