Quick Super Mario Galaxy question.

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited December 2007 in Gaming
I have a question about completing Super Mario Galaxy. Don't read the post if you haven't gotten at least 50 stars and beaten the bowser at the end of the bedroom.
Okay.

I'm a bit of a completionist when it comes to this type of game, so I've been getting every star on every level in order from the start of the game.

I just finished the third room on the ship, the bedroom. I had well over 50 stars by the time I beat it, so as soon as I did, the Star Mama, or whatever she is, is now giving me the option to go to the center of the universe and rescue my special one.

However, there are still two whole rooms full of galaxies that I have yet to beat. What is up with that?

Here's what I want to know:

If I take this trip to the center of the galaxy, and I beat whatever levels I find there, will I have beaten the game? Will the credits roll? or will I bring the princess back to the spaceship, or observatory, or whatever, and then have to continue on through the rest of the galaxies before I actually 'beat' the game?

I would hate to finish the game without seeing almost half of the neat galaxies, but then again, if I can get the princess back without rolling the credits, that would be cool, and I will feel silly for having not gone to rescue her right away.

I don't want to look this up on GameFAQ or whatever, because I know that it will completely spoil the game if I look at one of those FAQ at any time before I finish with the game the first time.

So, knowing what type of player I am, could someone who has already gotten through it (or someone who doesn't mind reading spoilers from GameFAQs) let me know if I should go rescue the princess now or if I should wait?

Comments

• KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited December 2007
    CB Droege wrote:
    I have a question about completing Super Mario Galaxy. Don't read the post if you haven't gotten at least 50 stars and beaten the bowser at the end of the bedroom.

someone who doesn't mind reading spoilers from GameFAQs) let me know if I should go rescue the princess now or if I should wait?
    Catch 22 - I read
    Hint 1
    you need min of 60 stars for final bowser.
    Hint 2
    There are 121 stars all together 15 of which are gathered after final battle and roll of credits.
    Hint 3
    There are 9 chapters in the storybook (in library).
    Hope this isn't too much info CB :)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Thanks, Kentigern. :)
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Basically, you're safe to go to the center without causing any problems.