Radeon 9800 question

edited January 2008 in Hardware
my brother recently gave me his old Radeon 9800 to "upgrade" from an ancient Geforce 4200TI.

i uninstalled the GeForce, popped in the Radeon, installed the new drivers, and it was up and working.

now i notice that since i changed the card, the top of my screen is "wobbly" or moving almost. it only happens in certain spots in my screen right at the top.

i also looked around my event view one day and found that i had like 100 errors saying "CRT invalid display type". i have no idea what this means

any help or input is greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited January 2008
    Mayor wrote:
    my brother recently gave me his old Radeon 9800 to "upgrade" from an ancient Geforce 4200TI.

i uninstalled the GeForce, popped in the Radeon, installed the new drivers, and it was up and working.

now i notice that since i changed the card, the top of my screen is "wobbly" or moving almost. it only happens in certain spots in my screen right at the top.

i also looked around my event view one day and found that i had like 100 errors saying "CRT invalid display type". i have no idea what this means

any help or input is greatly appreciated!!

Update all your drivers and try installing your monitors driver.

Also make sure all cables are properly secured.
  • edited January 2008
    i have the newest ATI drivers available.

and the monitor drivers are weird. i have a Samsung 731b, and when i got the drivers from the Samsung site, they appeared to already be current.